“Nice and Clean”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Victoria at the front desk made sure everything was ok. Such a nice person to greet you after a long day of driving. Our room had two queen beds that were so comfortable I didn't want to get up out of bed in the morning. Cute sitting ledge by the window with a light so someone could be reading a book. Small and compact rooms, might be a little cramped with small children, but the price per night was unbelievable. Breakfast Buffet was what you would expect at a budget hotel actually maybe a lttle better. Everything you needed to start your day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Clean hotel with friendly staff. New hotel. Decent stay. Pd $59 for 2 queen beds. Worth the price. Breakfast buffet was ok. My kids said the juice was not good. I didn't try it. I didn't like the coffee. Had to buy another one after we left the hotel. Lots of muffins & rolls... our children play tennis tournaments - so we couldn't eat most of the food there (not healthy for them.) There were yogurt and bananas, I think. But we didn't eat those. If they could improve on the breakfast buffet, I'd give them a 4 or 5 star. Breakfast is important for us when we are traveling with the kids.
One additional note, I thought it was interesting that the showerhead is so low. I am short and my head almost touched the showerhead. I wonder what happens to 5'7" & taller people?

Room Tip: I think the hotel is new.. not much around except red clay. Best view might be the front of the bui...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I chose this hotel based upon the reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. I needed a place to stay for one night. I chose a standard room with a queen bed. The size was perfectly adequate for me. The room was very clean, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, the shower head was adjustable and the water came out forcefully. What more could you ask for in an overnight stay but a clean, comfortable room and a great shower? The staff during my evening check in was courteous and helpful. All in all it was just a WONDERFUL stay at a great price. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had a Great Stay! Everything we hoped for! We went by the reviews and they were great. Definitely will stay again without hesitation !!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I just needed to relax & get a little work done. This hotel provided my ideal plans. It's literally right off the interstate, close to lots of restaurants & shops, and a short drive to more restaurants & shopping..Though some noisy guests interrupted my sleeping in on Sunday, I will definitely return to this gem when I need to get away. Oh, the price was awesome as well, considering this is a newer hotel in a still developing area. Truly great!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel has friendly, helpful staff and is a great value. It is very clean and comfortable. There is not an on site restaurant but staff was very helpful directing us to nearby food. The continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is a new hotel in a newly developed area off I75. Our room was small but had everything we needed, including a comfortable queen size bed, microwave, frig and lots of storage plus a window bench with headrest for extra seating. The continental breakfast was the usual fare with bread choices, bagels, juice, coffee and cereals. All this for a very affordable price and a pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Be choosey as to the floor you would like, since there are some smoking rooms on the third floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank planejane1951
MaconGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

From the staff and management, we would like to Thank you for all your comments. We are pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay comfaortable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!