“Terrible Customer Service - DO NOT book this 3rd party ”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Macon
“Terrible Customer Service - DO NOT book this 3rd party ”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We made advance reservations to stay here on a trip back up 75 based on the excellent trip advisor reviews. The outside of the hotel is new and well maintained. The single employee at the front desk was not equipped to handle rush hour for checking in and the computer system was painfully slow. When we got to our room it was obviously a smoking room which was not what was booked on hotels.com. The front desk attendant proceeded to tell me that when you book through 3rd party that they don't hold smoking preference. I asked to speak with the manager but was told she would not help me either. In the process of checking into availability at nearby hotels another guest came down to notify the front desk that none of the 3rd floor rooms were cleaned and he needed new sheets. Needless to say you need to be wary of this hotel.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Matt M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This was our first visit to a Microtel Inn. The tiny room was loaded with features...refrigerator, microwave, easy to set thermostat and a comfortable bed. The "continental breakfast" was a low-protein experience. What was really nice was the friendliness of the staff...everyone we met. I'll be back to Microtel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Midwest
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We needed a place just to stop and sleep for a few hours on a long cross country trip and this was in the right spot, close to I-75. It is a little hard to locate in the dark of night in what seems like a newly developing area. I don't know how long Microtel has been there, but the place seemed new and modern. Our room was spacious with two nice pillowtop queen beds and a selection of pillows. Very comfy for a hotel bed! The only odd thing I noticed was the lighting. There seemed to be only one downlight in the room and no lamps. No entry hall light. There were fluorescent lights over the beds a la hospital room. The doors, as in all hotel rooms, seem made of tissue paper. As I started to fall asleep I heard a dog whining and scratching. I checked the hallway to be sure no one had locked their dog out of the room. Since we only had five hours to sleep, I went down to the front desk to report the noise. The woman was promised to go up and check on it and she must have, as the noise stopped soon. (sorry, I don't remember her name)

We did not get to take advantage of the continental breakfast as we left before it started. I would stay here again but ask for a quiet room (we were next to the stairwell on the 2nd floor). I was overall impressed with the quality and comfort.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Macon hotels
Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon
Wingate by Wyndham Macon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon
Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North
Best Western Riverside Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macon North

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon

Property: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon
Address: 2020 Bowman Park, Macon, GA 31210-5782
Region: United States > Georgia > Macon
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking
#5 Best Value Hotel in Macon
#9 Family Hotel in Macon
#9 Romantic Hotel in Macon
#13 Business Hotel in Macon
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Macon Hotel Macon