“Wasn't Happy with Kids Menu”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #80 of 351 Restaurants in Macon
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, American, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia.For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Our menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Mellow Mushroom is more than just awesome pizza and craft beer; it is a state of mind.
Macon, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wasn't Happy with Kids Menu”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It's a pizza place but you can't order a pizza slice off of the kids menu??? Instead they have what they call a 'french bread pizza' which is the bread that they use for their hoagies which is dried out and hard to chew. My daughter scratched up the inside of her mouth trying to eat it.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ramon838

Macon, Georgia
“Slow service, wait staff /hostess never said thank you”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Not only was the service negligent, I was never asked if I wanted a refill of soda, the brownie/pizza I took in a to go box to get to work on time, I waited 15 minutes before they took an order another 45 for the pizza and another 20 to get my to go boxes, hostess never said thank you come back, the waitress never checked to see if everything was alright. I bit into the brownie and almost broke a veneer! It's a lethal weapon, and I don't have time to go back . Won't be going back again.

• Visited October 2013
“It has been years. Not sure why”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

It has been years since I visited this franchise. Not sure what disuaded me the first time but I was.pleasantly pleased this time around. Fresh food and good service made this a a grest chose. Love the pretzle appitizers. I did not pay for the meal but menue prices looked reasonable for the portions we received

• Visited October 2013
MI&FL
“Okay, not great, at least not for us”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I am not a big pizza eater but thought I'd splurge with their Mellowterranean. We asked for thin crust, our server said they could do that because they hand toss them. When it was delivered, the crust was far from thin and surprise surprise, the tzatziki sauce came in two little plastic containers right out of frig. Somehow the combo which had sounded so interesting turned out to be a fizzle.

It was early Friday night and there were a lot of families and young people there so obviously they offer food at good prices for a variety of people. We just don't happen to be their normal clientele.

Visited October 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Good pizza”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had never eaten at this chain as they are not in our locale. We had a very knowledgeable waiter who recommended a local beer. There is a large beer selection & the pizza was very good. Really liked the crust. The restaurant was a little loud --concrete floors & high ceilings allow that but they had a large outdoor area & a combination of booths & tables inside. There were many families there. They were playing Bingo & giving prizes the night that we were there & customers were really enjoying that.

Visited September 2013