The Allman Brothers Band Museum at the Big House
Ranked #2 of 49 things to do in Macon
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is our 2nd time here and I am almost ready to move to Macon to volunteer at the Big House. If you are any sort of ABB fan, this is a must see. Not only is the museum a tribute to the GREATEST rock band in history, the house itself is lovely. As the house is in historic Macon, there are lots of way cool old mansions & houses to check out. Enjoy!

1  Thank styx-stones
There are newer reviews for The Allman Brothers Band Museum at the Big House

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to go. The history of the allman brothers is intersting. There is music and videos throughout the house. The house itself is awesome. I was amazed at all there was in the house. Put together so well. Can't wait to go again because there was so much to see. Staff was very friendly and informative.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A fascinating look into the history of this band. A beautiful house, great displays and an informative cashier. It took us 2 trips around the block to find the entrance off of Vineville Ave. Just look for the gated entrance just past the house.

1  Thank Cynthia742
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Even if you are not an Allman Brothers Band fan, you will still love wandering around the house where the band members, their families and friends lived in the early 70's. There is so much memorabilia here, including Gregg and Cher's pool table while they were married back in the 70's, handwritten lyrics to "Blue Sky" by founding guitarist Dickey Betts, clothing, concert posters, and instruments to name a few. There is also memorabilia from the bands they were in prior to the ABB. Admission fee was only $8/person. The staff was great and passionate about the museum. We also stopped at the Rose Hill Cemetery, where Duane Allman and Berry Oakley's graves are.

2  Thank nickelcitygirl
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We made a day trip of this. Our drive was about 3.5 hours from Alabama to Macon, and we went solely for the purpose of visiting this museum. My DH is a musician, and this was somewhere he had been wanting to visit for a long time. Duane Allman's music is greatly admired by my husband. This museum did not disappoint. The home is beautiful, remodeled since the band lived there. Lots of memorabilia. The staff was very knowledgeable and you could tell they were passionate about the museum and its legacy. I am not what you would call an Allman Brothers fan, they were a little before my time at their heyday. But I really enjoyed touring THE BIG HOUSE. It made me want to learn more about the band. Worth the trip.

1  Thank hubcap64