“Worst place i've ever stayed”
Review of Macon Inn

Macon Inn
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I travel a lot and by far this is the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff was nice but thats about the only good thing. The rooms were dirty, the walls are paper thin, there was a hooker in the parking lot, the air conditioner was broken. It was overall a piece of junk. Dont stay jere even at the price you will regret it I sure did

• Stayed: June 2013
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our Macon property. I am glad that you experience with our staff was pleasant but I am disappointed that your overall stay was an unpleasant one. The dirty room issue will be discussed with housekeeping. My front desk staff would have been more than happy to move you to another room with a non-broken air conditioner. I hope that you will give another opportunity to rectify these situations.

There are newer reviews for Macon Inn

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, and we were very pleased with the dog-friendly, staff friendly place to stay. Beds were comphy, room clean, reasonable price. Will return on our next drive through.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Macon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our location in North Macon, GA. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations in all key areas of affordability, cleanliness and comfort. We are always happy to have your 4 legged children join you during your stay at no additional charge. We look forward to having you stay with us here at Red Roof Inn on your return trip.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We were welcomed with wonderful customer service. It was very clean, quiet, and relaxing. Got a wonderful night sleep. The pool was very clean! I have absolutely no complaints. Their are plenty of places to eat even in walking distances. The beds are clean and comfortable! We stayed on the 4th floor and the elevator was clean. We will back to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our North Macon, GA location. Our team is happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you comfortable and happy with your accommodations. We all truly look forward to serving you again in the future should your travels return you to our wonderful city!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

As soon as we got there it was bad.When we walked in the door the guy that was supposed to help us check in was making the coffee.He told us to wait and we got there at midnight.I dont think anybody would want to wait 20 minutes to check in.We have a baby with us and we needed a portable crib.They said since we have the prices so low we dont give you everything.Thankfully we had one in the car but it took us forever to get it out.When we got into the room it was dirty and the bathroom door wouldnt close and didn't have a lock.One of the lights was broke.The only good thing was that the pillows and mattress were good.The carpet wasn't even vaccumed.we saw peoples garbage lying on the floor.When we were heading out (best part about it) we thankfully left good.the lobby bathroom was much cleaner than the one in the room.The place was old fashioned.Bad area for the inn since its between two way better hotels than this.Cheap price but not worth the money!

Room Tip: Dont choose a room in this hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of our North Macon, GA location. I am very disappointed to hear that your experience was less than desirable and that you did not receive the service you deserved and were not made to feel welcome and appreciated. Your feedback is important to me so that I may address and correct these issues immediately. I hope that you will consider returning to our location so that we may have the opportunity to show you the service you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed at this Red Roof for 2 nights during a softball tournament. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the kids loved the pool. The area was safe and close to everything. I was happy to find it for at least $50 less than the hotels on either side of it. We will stay here again when we return to Macon.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give our Macon, GA location such a great review. We will certainly share your review with our friendly and helpful staff. We appreciate the information about the proximity and safety of our property. We look forward to hosting your softball team in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

It was just a place to lay my head. For the price it was good but will not stay here again. hotel guests were loud. someone banged on my door at 300am in the morning. no phone or breakfast service. will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for recent review. I sincerely apologize for the issues related to your stay here at our North Macon, GA location. We regret that our phone service was inoperable due to a power outage within the system at the time of your stay. Service has since been restored. We do offer coffee and hot tea in our lobby 24 hours a day and hope to offer continental breakfast in the future. Again, I apologize and hope that you will reconsider giving us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

It was a great stay. I have been there twice and my family stayed there for several weeks. We all enjoyed the service. I enjoyed the hospitality from the front desk staff and the clean pool. I like the fact that its a safe area, lots of eating places near by. The front staff was friendly and cooperative. My compliments to the front line staff. Just need to sharpen up on the cleaning crew. Some of the rooms are not as clean or updated as other rooms.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are not as clean as other rooms. The last time we stayed in one of them the walls...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our North Macon, GA location. Our team is happy that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the great information about our proximity to restaurants and the safety of our area. We are working with our housekeeping staff daily to obtain and maintain the expectations of our valued guests. We are in the process of updating our property and we look forward to hosting you and your family in the future.