“Never again.”

Red Roof Inn Macon
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Macon
“Never again.”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

when i stayed here for the FFA convention it was terrible. My room a/c did't not work right. Many of my fellow ffa members said the same thing. We came here two years. If i can find a way to change comeing here i will. No breakfast,microwave,or fridge. There is the ffa/fccla camp in covington, but we would have to get up to early. I dislike the redroof inn 99%.

• Stayed April 2013
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for your review of our North Macon location. We apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room had we known of your issues. We have a microwave located in our lobby and a refrigerator in our break room that we would be more than happy to store any perishables. We also offer upon request and with availability a micro/fridge in your room for an additional charge. We hope you will continue to come be our guest and allow us the opportunity to correct the previous issues.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I had to stay here for work so of course the price was reasonable. I want to commend my wonderful housekeeper Tomekia. She was just wonderful! All of the staff was great! My room was clean and my overall experience was great!

Room Tip: The majority of the first floor is non smoking so request those if you are very particular about cig...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for recent review of our North Macon property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will surely pass your review on to Tomekia and the rest of the staff. We hope that you will stay with us again should you be in the area for business or pleasure.
missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stopped here after seeing other reviews and checking the price on line. Got a rate of $34 after passing through the wall of cigarette smoke at the front door. I counted 8 people standing/sitting there smoking. One person told me in lobby that he stepped out of the shower to see a strange man in his room. Apparently the front desk had erroneously given another person a key to his room! The halls and our room had a strong mildew/musty smell. The A/C unit was very loud, which wasn't such a terrible thing as it blocked out a lot of the door banging and loud hallway noises going on all night. Checked out as early as possible.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our North Macon property. I am very disappointed that your stay was not a pleasant experience. Thank you for bringing the smoking at the front door to my attention. This issue will be addressed immediately. There is a staff meeting on Monday and the issue with the double booking of rooms will seriously be addressed. Unfortunately, we are unable to completely control other guests on other floors without it being reported to the front desk. We are more than happy to try and accommodate guests to other floors when they are uncomfortable. Your comfort is our #1 goal. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to show great customer satisfaction.
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We were on our way to Mercer University and were looking for somewhere to stay that was close and economical. We happened to come across the Red Roof Inn Macon. The price made us a little leery, but after reviewing Trip Advisor and calling the hotel, we were convinced it was ok to book. Only 11 minutes from Mercer, so it suited the location criteria. When we arrived it was 11 pm, but the young man at the desk was very nice. He remembered speaking with my wife on the phone and we were on our way to the room within 2 minutes. Room was very clean and had a smell that let you know it was clean. Bathroom was very clean. Definitely recommend staying here. I will be back time and time again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review of our North Macon location. We are happy to hear that you found our location to be economical, convenient, and clean with an efficient and friendly staff. I will be sure to pass this review onto my staff. We hope that you will come and stay at our location on your return to Macon.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I travel a lot and by far this is the worst place I have ever stayed. The staff was nice but thats about the only good thing. The rooms were dirty, the walls are paper thin, there was a hooker in the parking lot, the air conditioner was broken. It was overall a piece of junk. Dont stay jere even at the price you will regret it I sure did

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Macon property. I am glad that you experience with our staff was pleasant but I am disappointed that your overall stay was an unpleasant one. The dirty room issue will be discussed with housekeeping. My front desk staff would have been more than happy to move you to another room with a non-broken air conditioner. I hope that you will give another opportunity to rectify these situations.
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, and we were very pleased with the dog-friendly, staff friendly place to stay. Beds were comphy, room clean, reasonable price. Will return on our next drive through.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location in North Macon, GA. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations in all key areas of affordability, cleanliness and comfort. We are always happy to have your 4 legged children join you during your stay at no additional charge. We look forward to having you stay with us here at Red Roof Inn on your return trip.
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We were welcomed with wonderful customer service. It was very clean, quiet, and relaxing. Got a wonderful night sleep. The pool was very clean! I have absolutely no complaints. Their are plenty of places to eat even in walking distances. The beds are clean and comfortable! We stayed on the 4th floor and the elevator was clean. We will back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our North Macon, GA location. Our team is happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make you comfortable and happy with your accommodations. We all truly look forward to serving you again in the future should your travels return you to our wonderful city!