“great place to stay”

Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Snellville, Georgia, United States
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

With great rates and friendly staff this is a great place to stay when in Macon. I travel a lot and dontvsee this kind of respect between guest employees. Amazing management who helped me out on a suite with a weekly rate

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Timothy C,

Thank you for being a valued guest and for taking the time to post a review on our location. I am glad we are able to provide you with affordable accommodations and excellent service. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a great experience. Again thank you so much and we certainly appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Higginsville, Missouri
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked one night on line as a stop over point in our trip. When we arrived the clerk took 10 min to find our reservation. When we got to to the room the new electronic door key would not work. After a couple attempts with different keys the desk clerk came up and finally got a key to work. The clerk then said they had just gone to this system because to people were breaking into rooms with the old key cards. When we did finally get the door open we walked in and immediatley noticed a bunch of greasy fingerprints on the inside of the window.

The cableTV has 6 channels, only 2 of which you can see clearly. Our bed had to be propped up on one corner with a phonebook to make level enough to sleep. Over all the room was smelly, dirty and the carpet was damp and sticky.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jdp523
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize that our Guest Service Representative gave you misinformation. The locks have not recently been changed and we have no reports that any guest rooms have been broken into. Thank you for bringing to my attention that the window was greasy. I will certainly bring that to the attention of my housekeepers. We are in the process of updating our property.We anticipate that the updating will remedy the issues with the television, the bed and the carpet. I hope that you will continue to visit Red Roof Inn.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Decent and affordable. Most of the staff was nice. The only issue we had was a man who startled us out of our room when we were a few minutes late leaving. We were exhausted and arrived about 3:00 that morning. He needs to ask about the situation before startling tired guests and scaring them out of the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for taking your time to complete a review of our North Macon Inn. I apologize for the startling wake up you received. As our check out time is 12 pm, at that time we are required to check all rooms that have not physically checked out at the front desk. Again I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again.
Fort Wayne
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect at this hotel, as the cost was very reasonable. I was pleasantly surprised that it was a very nice place. My only complaint was not even about the hotel, it was getting through the construction to get there. There was no breakfast but considering the cost, I was more than okay with that. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent review of our Macon location. We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hopes are high that the construction zone will be completed soon. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at red roof inn..in Macon Ga. hotel was good quiet clean NO PET DEPOSIT....And Georgina was so friendly and understading that ment alot SHE LOVED MY DOG FIESTY ..this was a bad time. So that helped alot Thank you so much the whole staff

Room Tip: Make the best you are not at home
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Tammie E.

Thank you for your recent review of our North Macon Location. My entire staff and I are very pleased that you and Fiesty had such a nice stay with us! I will certainly recognize Georgina for helping to make your day. We welcome you and Fiesty and look foward to seeing you back again here in Macon, or at any of our locations across the country.
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Very nice place to stay if your on a budget. Always clean, very friendly staff, best nights sleep ever. Needs better cable and maybe internet but it's OK, I understand they will be upgrading soon. We stay here almost ever other weekend. I would recommend this place to anyone. Ms Phyllis is the best. Love to see her smile every time we come in. They know who we are without saying our names. Can beat the price, cleanliness of the rooms and the great and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of our North Macon property. We are extremely delighted you enjoyed your stay. We have just upgraded our internet service to offer a faster connection. Included in our channel lineup we do offer several HBO movie channels; as well as pay per view movies. We will certainly recognize Phyllis and the entire staff for your great comments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay.
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Wanted a cheap room and got it. The room was not a 5 Star room but for the money a deal you can't beat! I got a smoking room and yes some odor but not bad at all. Room was clean and neat. Great shower. I had a problem with noise down the hall at 1:30 am went down to the desk so that I would not wake up my daughter and talked with the desk clirk. Went back to my room and with in 10 min problem was gone. I would and will stay here again. Thanks Red Roof.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for posting a review of our North Macon Red Roof Inn. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. When James Truman founded the Red Roof Inn 40 years ago he anticipated a growing market for budget travel lodging and quality rooms without costly amenities. We maintain the same idea today. I am sorry to hear about your noise issue; however I am very happy to know that the Front Desk staff handled the situation promptly. We look forward to seeing you on a future trip to Macon.