“Pet Friendly and good Breakfast, Good Room Too!”
Review of Red Roof Inn Macon

Red Roof Inn Macon
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Ringgold, Georgia
“Pet Friendly and good Breakfast, Good Room Too!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We checked in to a good room, clean, large, and comfortable. I drove for about 12 hours and just wanted an inexspensive, clean place to stay. Front desk clerk, Deni was pleasent and helpful. No extra charge for our Japanese Chen. The breakfast was hot waffles, every hotel should have these, but they don't. real oj, coffee, pastrys, cereal and fresh fruit. Room rate was reasonable. All i wanted was quiet. And it was. Lots of parking lot lights for security. Good food close. Next time that I'm driving through Macon, I will definately spend the night here on the bi-pass exit 3.

Room Tip: Small animals, dogs, are n/c and the breakfast is very good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Sometimes just overnight, but mostly for extended business trips. The manager, and front desk staff is extremely helpful and courteous. The maid service always make sure the room is in tip top condition. I never see anyone here working, who isn't smiling and genuinely happy to make sure my stay is a perfect one.
Thanks for all you do Red Roof Inn!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Mr Wymer,

I appreciate you taking time to submit a review of your visits with us at Red Roof Inn North Macon. We enjoy having you as a valued guest! I am happy to hear that we are meeting your expectations. We hope that you will refer all your friends and family to visit us at any of our locations across the country.
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

On Oct. 22, 2013, I was in town for a meeting and stayed in this Red Roof for the second time. I checked in in the evening and a young lady named Donna (from Las Vegas) was on the desk. Check in was smooth and quick. When I got to my room, I noticed that it did not have a coffee maker. On my way out to dinner, I asked her about that. She told me that my room did not usually come with one but she would see if she could get one for me. Upon my return, she had it waiting at the desk. I found the room to be clean and everything else I needed was there. Get stay and I want to commend Donna for her customer service. I'll be back next year.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Mr. Ralph D.

I appreciate you sharing your your positive experience at our North Macon location. I will surely pass along to Donna how outstanding you thought her customer service was. Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest has a great experience. We welcome you and look foward to seeing you back again here in Macon, or at any of our locations across the country.
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This has been our second stay at this inn and each time we have encountered Phyllis. She was very friendly and had us laughing each time. Our stay this time was great. very comfortable. I recommend this hotel to my friends that are coming thru Macon or just to get away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Monti M,
Thank you for your recent review of our North Macon location. I am very pleased that Phyllis demonstrated a high level of customer service! I will be sure to pass along your comments to her. I thank you for recommending our location to your friends. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We arrived at this motel after a long day in the car. When we pulled in at midnight, we were delayed in checking in because the old man at the front desk was holding a receipt for another person who had paid cash. The clerk would not allow me to approach the counter because he had the other customer's cash in his hand.

When we finally checked in, after about a 10-minute wait, the room smelled badly of mold. This smell was coming from the carpet, the bathroom, and the air conditioner. We needed to take showers, so I went to the front desk to request additional towels. I actually had to haggle with the clerk to obtain a few tiny, cheap towels, but I was able to get a few. At this point, I was too tired to fight, but he gave in on the second request.

We chose this motel because we have had good results with Red Roof in different parts of the country. It's not the Ritz, but at the right low-enough price, it's usually acceptable.

Not this motel. Never again. My wife has been sick for three days from the mold. The polite clerk (Phyllis, maybe?) in the morning did take a few dollars off our charge for the mold, but we would have paid double to have a room that didn't make my wife sick.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CJ B
CJ B
Thank you for your recent review at our North Macon Red Roof Inn location. I apologize for the issues you had with the front desk upon your arrival, as well as the issues with the room. I am disappointed we fell short in this instance and I certainly understand your concern I have addressed all of the issues you mentioned and once again please accept my sincerest apologies. I am delighted that you received better customer service from Phyllis. Your feedback is very important to me and I will do everything in my power to improve our quality and service. Although you had a bad experience at this location I hope you will reconsider and I ask that you do not hold it against the entire Brand. I am confident you will find that your next stay at Red Roof Inn will be much more enjoyable if you give us the opportunity to make it right.
Oak Park, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The rates was great and the staff was very friendly. The front desk clerk name Phyllis Cardes was very nice and very friendly . Thank u so much .My name is Samantha Glenn. I will come back to stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Samantha,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Phyllis and the rest of my staff. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future and hope you will recommend our inn to your friends and family.
Snellville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

With great rates and friendly staff this is a great place to stay when in Macon. I travel a lot and dontvsee this kind of respect between guest employees. Amazing management who helped me out on a suite with a weekly rate

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Zandra G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Macon, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Timothy C,

Thank you for being a valued guest and for taking the time to post a review on our location. I am glad we are able to provide you with affordable accommodations and excellent service. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a great experience. Again thank you so much and we certainly appreciate your business.