“This was so disgusting my skins still crawling”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Budgetel Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I have stayed at super 8 before no problems and decent place to lay your head for the money you spend I expected the same for this place but it was awful. My first room looked as if it had never been cleaned the floor was so gross never take off your shoes, there was a roach on my ceiling and nightstand, the sheets looked as if they haven't been washed in a long time. I can't even begin to describe how gross I felt sitting there after ten mins I called the front desk who asked me did it look like my room had been cleaned what a silly question he told me he would get me a cleaner room although I don't understand why I didn't get the clean room to begin with, it was also equally as disgusting. I got my money back and headed to the baymont much better... take my advice don't waste your time or money my skins still crawling I hope I don't have bed bugs I know you get what u pay for so this place should be by the hour motel

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I would not recommend anyone to stay here. The room service is terrible, they will not clean your room if you stay more then a day! The sheets, and carpet is stained and smells horrible! If you don't let the air run the it smells like urine! the bathroom isn't clean it has black stuff caked up around the toilet, and bathtub! It's just not fresh at all! When you use the ice machine, bugs such as ants, and roaches comes out with the ice! I wore my flipflops in the room everytime I got up!! The saying is you get what you pay for...so if you want something nice then pay a extra $20 for a room. If you ask me these room aren't worth more then 15-20!! The internet connection is terrible...but if you by days inn then u could use their internet! The breakfast isn't worth getting up for, the orange juice machine is down, they have old donuts, and cereal, the coffee taste terrible, and they have a refrigerator with a jug of milk and orange juice which isn't sanitary! the juice have clunks of idk what i guess it's old looks like mucus around the top! If you need somewhere to rest this is not the place...if u low on money and you have to stay here be prepared...bring your own pillows and sheets, gloves and clorox because you going to have to clean yourself!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and I, traveling to Florida meant to travel all the way from Ohio to Orlando in one night. But around midnight we realized we could not drive another 6 hours without a little bit of rest. All we wanted was a shower, check some things on the internet and sleep for 3 or 4 hours. I found the hotel saver coupon guide at a gas station and we decided to use the coupon out of there and got this hotel around 1am. BIG Mistake. Walking into the room (Room 115) I knew right away. It smelled horrible. A quick look around, the floors were flithy (I refused to take my shoes off the whole time I was there.) The sheets and pillow cases, stained.. Blanket, stained and smelled badly. The little nob that you are suppose to use to turn the running water from the faucet on for the shower head.. was broken off. The bath tub it's self was yellow and stained in a rectangle shape, like a bath mat had been there once before perhaps? The "free" wireless internet was not in great working order, it booted me off every 5 minutes. The door leading to the outside.. was warped and only closed if it was locked.

I refused to sleep there. My husband who was doing all the driving and exhausted, did lay down in the bed and sleep for a couple hours, but as soon as we reached our very nice hotel in Orlando, he threw away the clothes he had slept in the night before and showered. I personally stayed up for the 3 short hours we were there at the computer desk. (Using the very thin towels to sit on the chair) Yes.. it's that bad. Based on a few marks that showed up on my husband, I am convinced the place had bed bugs as well.

Do yourself a favor, pay an extra $10 or $20 and go some where... any where, else. I honestly would not wish this place on my worse enemy. Maybe... a convict on the run would find this place worth while.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The pillow cases and sheets were very dirty. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2009

This motel was okay for the price that I paid. It was pretty much clean. Smelled ok. The first room that we were given-the toilet did not work so we were given another room which was much cleaner and nicer. The bed and pillows are hard, so take your own pillow. The location is great....lots of restaurants within walking distance. Less than 3 minutes from downtown. Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Longhorn, Waffle House, McDonalds, Super K-Mart, Publix, Movie theaters, Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell and many more in close proximity of motel. Very quiet location. I would stay here again. Very few amenities but can't beat the price. Good place to stay if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2008

While back in my hometown, I needed a one night place to stay. This was the first place that came up on the Google Search via Blackberry and it was priced at 39.99 per night but what a nightmare.

There was not one item in room 308 that was appealing. Towels, Carpet, Furniture, Bed Spread were all worn out and soiled. Dropped something on the floor and bent down to pick it up and noticed how dirty the floor was under the bed and behind all of the furniture.

Why I stayed is beyond me; it is two days later and I am still asking myself why didn't i complain; well it's because the young boy at the front desk was probably only 17 when checking in and the young girl only 16 when checking out.

I personally do not feel that this hotel represents the Super 8 brand nor does it represent Macon very well.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2005

I have to admit that I read the review of Macon's Hawthorn before booking, but I thought "it can't be as bad as it sounds." I must sadly admit, I was wrong; it was just AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS. This hotel is simply an off-cast of the Holiday Inn next door and, quite frankly, it just doesn't measure up. I used Hyatt Gold Passport points for the stay -- only 3000 -- and, in spite of that, I felt cheated. The room -- a regular double double and NOT A SUITE, as reserved -- was dirty with bare/unfinished patches of sheetrock; there was no high speed internet access as promised; there was no on-property pool; part of the food for Hawthorn's normally good breakfast was left out from the day before. To top it all off, when I was ready to check out, the entire stay had been billed not to my Gold Passport account, but to my AmEx. The only thing that speaks well of this hotel is its staff which did their best to appease guests in spite of what they had to work with.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member