“Very good for a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cheddar's Cafe

Cheddar's Cafe
Ranked #17 of 349 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canton, Georgia
“Very good for a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Savannah and I was pleasantly surprised.

The decor is very nice. The wait staff is good, efficient, and courteous. The food is very good for a chain restaurant. We both had burgers that were so large we couldn't possibly finish them. I had the burger with jalapenos. I was surprised to find the jalapenos were fried. I'd never see them fried before, but they were good.

1 Thank JFMMBCanton_Georgia

Spring City, Tennessee
“Love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We always go to Cheddar's when in Macon. Always good food. The ribs and chicken tenders are the best I have eaten. All at excellent prices. Service is good, fast and friendly. No matter what you get, you won't be disappointed. I have had at least 8 different meals and no complaints, only praise. Come in once and you will be back.

• Visited April 2014
Americus, Georgia
“First time at Cheddars...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stopped for a late lunch (3pm) at the Macon location on a shopping trip. May have been better if we had eaten earlier. Seemed that our order looked and tasted a bit left over. The service was prompt and the waitress seemed to stay busy taking care of all her tables. A hand printed sign as you entered said they were out of ribs. The atmosphere was very nice, the facility
was clean and parking lot had lots of cars. Food just didn't match the building appearance. We go by there monthly, didnt make a good "first impression", so we'll try them again for earlier lunch before a thumbs down...

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Avoid if possible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Cheddar's has some great items on the menu, but not many and my experience this time was absolutely a bust. Salad was served and with in 30 seconds the meal was delivered. I was looking forward to their black beans - but unfortunately they were very cold - never a good sign the kitchen has it's act together. Meal was bland.

1 Thank Douglas C
Trinity, Florida
“Second visit to second Cheddar's in 2 weeks, so it must be good......value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our visit to the Macon Cheddar's was the second Cheddar's on this trip. The other was in N.Kentucky. We are beginning to like Cheddar's more and more. The problem locally is that the only Cheddar's near us is NOT near us!

We like the value and menu selection of all the Cheddar's where we have eaten. The atmosphere is much more upscale than the prices indicate and the full service bar and drink selections really suit us. They also allow substitution of sides (they have a neat selection of sides) which also works for us. The wife had salmon (very good) and subbed more broccoli for the rice pilaf. I had the pan fried catfish which was 5 nice size pieces.

I did not rate this Cheddar's any higher because the drink and dinner menus both needed a good cleaning as there were various "sticky" substances on a number of different pages. Our attentive waiter Brad took quick care of these issues. Not sure what the hostesses at some restaurants do when they should inspecting and cleaning the menus?!