“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #42 of 68 Hotels in Macon
GA
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

It was very clean, staff was friendly, and overall a great experience. The staff is very considerate and caring to accommodate your needs. They would always say good morning and have a good day when I left which was very rewarding. It was a great stay and I look forward to returning when I come back to conferences in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014
kp4717, General Manager at Economy Inn Macon West, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us! We are all glad that your stay with us went well. We look forward to seeing you when you return to Macon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nashville
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I used Whyndam Reward Points to stay here because it got good reviews on the website. Maybe I shouldn't have had such high expectations (considering it is a Knights Inn) although when staying at Motel's I guess it's not fair to say much.

The room was musty and stunk. Stains all over the carpets. The bed was hard and you could feel the springs in the mattress. I had to take a shower right before I left because the air in the room felt sticky.

Do not stay here unless you have a LOW expectation in where you sleep at night. It's worth it to pay 20 more dollars and upgrade to a better place to stay for the night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank themarchlands

Travellers are raving about these Macon hotels

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I booked a King room non-smoking. When we arrived, the lady at the desk assumed we were another party and started handing me papers. When I corrected her, she had to look for our reservation and then informed us that they did not have the King room available that we had booked several days before. She offered us a double bed and we took it because we just wanted to get settled in. The room was clean enough but the bathroom was very small and they didn't have enough towels or washcloths for more than one person. There was a microwave and fridge but no coffee maker. There were no shampoos or anything other than a couple of bars of soap. We made do with what we had in hopes that the HOT Breakfast that was advertised on the sign would make up for it. Well, it didn't...there was no hot breakfast. Only coffee, cereal and individually wrapped honey buns. We were so disappointed that we went back to our room, packed our stuff and checked out so we could get some breakfast elsewhere. The owner of the Hotel was walking around in the food area with bare feet and it was extremely warm in there as well.

Will never go to this hotel again. It should not be offered on tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katherine M
kp4717, General Manager at Economy Inn Macon West, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you. I am sure that there was a miscommunication between our front office staff in finding your reservation. I thank you for your feedback so we can address and make the necessary corrections so that this would not occur again. Thank you for choosing our Hotel for you stay.
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stop by this Knights Inn for few hours of sleep on our interstate driving. Property is out dated but they try to keep it clean. Clean bed sheets, towels & some newer coffee table & chairs and a 32" flat screen TV. We paid a little more for a 2 double bed room, but Mon.-Thur only $31+ for a king size bed room.
The hotel manager Kelvin is very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly updated room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
kp4717, General Manager at Economy Inn Macon West, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us, we appreciate it. We are glad to hear that your stay at our hotel went well. We are in the process of updating our hotel. We have made some progress, but still a bit more to go. Hopefully we should have everything complete soon. And on a personal note, thank you for the comment on Kelvin, that is me, I appreciate it very much. We look forward to your visit with us again. Have a great day!
Sevier County, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at knights inn in Macon Georgia on April 20 for the easter holiday. I was passing through from temessee going to Orlando. I was starting to get tired and a little hungry so decided to pull off for the night. There were several motels in the area but I have always liked knights inn hotels.I have always had a great experience with this chain of hotels. I was giving a very friendly greeting when I arrived at the hotel. I was charged a very reasonable rate and was even given a room in the front to be able to see my car. They even directed me in the direction of the local restaurants were. I had a very good experience at this hotel and would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014
kp4717, General Manager at Economy Inn Macon West, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience with us on your recent stay. Here at Knights Inn Macon West we always try to meet and exceed our guests expectations, and we are very happy to have done just that for you. We will look forward to seeing you again! Have a safe trip back home!
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It's very affordable and a great place to stay when you're traveling and just passing through the city. The rooms are neat and clean. The staff are friendly people and they make you feel welcome. There's always someone at the front office and it does not matter the time. You get the most out of your money and there are no hidden fees. A little bit more investing from Wyndham it would be considered a great Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank 2011CayA .
kp4717, General Manager at Economy Inn Macon West, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you very much for the review! We are very pleased to hear that your stay with us went really well. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in Macon! Have a safe trip.