“Chili dogs at their best”

Nu Way Weiners - Northside
Ranked #83 of 364 Restaurants in Macon
Reviewed 25 February 2013

World known for their chili dogs. No better hotdog in the country. I have eaten there for the last 50 years. 2 chilidogs and an order of fries will get you hooked.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I've heard about Nu-Way Weiners for years but never had one until I was in Macon last week. Since I was in a hurry, I decided it might be a quick place to stop. Once inside, i explained I was "new" to the experience and asked for menu suggestions. After ordering a hot dog "all the way" and a Coke, I sat down to see what all the fuss was about. I live in Atlanta and have been going to the Varsity for many years. The Nu-Way Weiner was as good if not better! It was also bright red and reminded me of eating at the State Fair when I was a kid! I understand their breakfasts are also good and will plan to stop by the next time I'm in the area. Now that I'm "in the know," I'll be back!

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Nu Way has been featured nationally for its hot dogs. This is a nice place to visit for local flavor. Great prices for good burgers, hot dogs, and fries. We go here often for standard American fare with that Macon touch.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Get a hot dog "all the way" for chili and onions or a mega burger! These are our favorites. Great local fast food.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

The Nu-Way (started1916) of making hot dogs works well! The family stopped on way back from Florida, and it was completely worth it. We could have done amazing Italian food, but chose to go to this little strip mall located on Northside. The staff welcomed us on entry. We ordered the combo two dog meals. The chilli on the dogs is greasy and flavored with many spices including a dash of cinnamon. Very tasty. The hot dog is pink, hearkening back to my grandmother's virginia kitchen where she would boil them and then slather on chilli, that in no way is even close to the Nu-Way. We also had familiy that tried the burger and they stated "this is the best burger I have had in years! Wifey had a grilled ham and cheese and it was also exceptional. The fries are great, you can and should get them chilli and cheesed as well. The tea was tasty and sweet. Found myself wishing I had ordered a sack to go for later... These things are addictive. I will be back and will look forward to having a NU-Way when in the Macon area again!

Been to Nu Way Weiners - Northside? Share your experiences!