Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We checked in to this hotel around 4 in the afternoon. Front desk clerk had food in her mouth as she greeted us. When we got to the room my daughter sat on her bed and said her bedding was damp. I checked my bed and it was also damp. Called up to the front desk and she moved us to another room. The next room the bedding was also not completely dry but not as damp as the other room so we just turned the ac up and left to go do some shopping and dinner. When we returned I took a shower to find it not very clean. Soap was on the sides of the shower along with pubic hair on the shower walls. The location was quite shady as well.
I will not be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Tara D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive and use it to help develop the product and the service we offer.

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience during your visit. I am truly sorry for our level of cleanliness fell below your standards and regret the dissatisfaction you had with our bedroom housekeeping. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience these aspects have caused you.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. Once again, thank your for your feedabck.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Location is excellent, just off I-475 and central to a nmber of restaurants in the area including a Golden Corral. Staff was a mixed bag of experience but all were accomodating. If I were passing through Macon and stopping again for the night, I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Business_Traveler678,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stay at this hotel often and have never had even the smallest complaint. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy and the staff is outstanding. Front desk always greets my by name and goes beyond the norm to make sure I am pleased with my room. (The special part is that I hear them do that for the one time guest or folks like me, that have been here several times. Everyone is treated well). Way to go Holiday Inn Express Macon West!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night and had no problems. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, breakfast was pretty good for hotel breakfast (and FREE) front desk personnel were very helpful, parking was easy....no complaints. Would be good for a long weekend stay, a short overnight visit, or longer. The pool was not open yet but it wasn't a big deal as I was only there one night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Motel was nice, Appeared to be clean, decent breakfast and quiet. Only one this bothered me. I large bug was smashed just at the edge of the still working entry to my door. The maids were still working in the hall way and passed the room numerous time but made no effort to pick it up. When the desk put my bill and newspaper under the door they would have been staring at it. Again they didn't pick it up. It was a large bug at least two inches long 1/2 wide, still bugs me no one seen a need to pick it up.

Room Tip: If big bugs make you uncomfortable you may not like this lodging.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I would definitely stay here again. We were passing through on our way to Disney World, and we decided to stay here for the night.

Our check in went smoothly. I was thankful that we got there before 11 p.m., as that is when they lock the front doors. Be aware of this, if you are planning to arrive late. We had a nice room and clean bathroom to get ready for our drive to Disney World. The staff forgot to set up our crib for our daughter, but they resolved this quickly. Breakfast was also good. The kitchen lady was nice and offered to clean up after us. She also offered to get us more of anything that ran out during breakfast. This was nice.

My only complaint is that they did not have ANY luggage carts available at night for us to unload our overnight bags. This was not nice. There should be a way to require people to not have these in their rooms overnight.

I would definitely stay here again on our way to Disney World.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Went to macon for a function last weekend found this hotel to be very clean quiet and nice location.... It's not on the busy Main Street... One thing the bed was too firm for my liking, breakfast was good plenty of options nice front desk workers....

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor behind front desk quiet room 124 bed too firm
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple