“nice hotel for overnight stay””
Review of Red Rest Inn

Red Rest Inn
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Orlando, Florida
“nice hotel for overnight stay””
Reviewed 24 February 2014

it was a perfect stay! the lobby was cleaned and the staff was nice. her name was sally and she was proper at her job she asked me where I wanted my room to be located which I thought was kind. and she showed me where my room was located. she offered me some free water after I left and I think her service was the best out of all the hotels I been too. the room was clean but had a little bad scent but it was okay for me and my husband. there was no other problems with my room it was all well organized. I enjoyed staying at the red roof inn and I will be honored to visit it again!!!!!!

Room Tip: choose a room on the front side it is more comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kattie a
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear kattie a, You are such a wonderful person! The entire staff is thankful for your kindness of posting a review. Sally, herself, is very pleased you'd remembered her level of service. She deserves the recognition. It is especially nice to be appreciated by our valued customers. I am sorry your room had a little bad scent. We are looking into that by checking all rooms, and by getting spring cleaning plans underway. The housekeeping staff will soon have all rooms much fresher. By the way kattie, if you haven't yet joined our rewards' program, you may do so at your convenience at redroof.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Durham, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The room was reasonably priced - about $50.00 with a dog. Two queen size beds.....comfortable. But....noisy! We could hear everything outside and the TV next door - all night! The shower was not easy to adjust the temperature - too hot or too cold. Nice towels though. Some upkeep necessary. Also, while walking our wee dog, I just about jumped out of my skin when a huge dog with a huge bark charged the fence behind the motel. It wouldn't stop barking and if it could have come through the fence I'm sure it would have eaten both of us!!!!
We didn't stay for the breakfast....had to move on!

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the office.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RRI-West, Guest Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Ilene,

Thank you. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Macon West Red Roof.

We are very relieved you and your pet were not injured. There is a spacious open field at the front end of the building that is separated by a fence. This designated area is much more spacious and safe to walk your pets.
Please feel free to contact us about all concerns during your stay, and give us the opportunity to make your stay more enjoyable.Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels. We will be sure to place you in a very comfortable and safe area. Deni Harrison, GR, Red Roof Macon-West.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I been at the red roof in for two days and the staffs were extremely nice the lobby was neat and perfect and the price was a good dead for me and my husband. The staff was proper at her job and told me were I'm at and where my room is located. The room were big and neat with the new beddings. I slept noise free. I hope I visit Macon one more time so I could stay at this wonderful place again.

• Stayed January 2014
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Jerry TheKing, Happy New Year! Thank you for your review. We are all pleased you were happy with your stay with us. The Staff is gracious for you remembering their level of service. We are all humbled, and we feel very rewarded by your efforts to share your experiences. Please come again soon. We invite you to join our membership to earn reward points for your loyalty.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We check in on X'mas day. Not much guests there. Room is clean and comport. Little smell but is standard as a inn. Staff is nice and help us to find the place we want to go. Breakfast is good and we love that small sunroom area to have our breakfast. Traffic is convinient.
Too many inn/hotel around that area! Can see the competetion.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Danfeng K, Thank you for spending Christmas with us. We hope you had a joyful New Years! Please visit our brand's site for updates, promotions, and best rates for your next visit. We greatly appreciate your support vie posting the review. Have a healthy, safe and prosperous 2014!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family and me was heading to Florida and we stopped at the Red Roof Inn and the staffs were extremely nice and the price was a good deal for me and my husband. The two things I loved about this hotel was the pet policy and the room. Me and my husband thought the rooms were going to be poor but it was the opposite. I loved the breakfast and the office. I think this is considered to be by best hotel I ever stayed in. I hope I visit Macon again so I could stay at this wonderful place again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

After not finding a non smoking room at 5 other hotels on this night, the 27th of December of 2013, we found room 205 of the Red Roof inn. The front desk was very friendly as they took us in out of the 36 degree weather. Sold as a non smoking, it had the taint of an ash tray once we settles in. Clean in appearance and set up nicely. Only half of a pillow lay where a full pillow once rules. As the bed would jiggle with every restless thought, it seemed to affirm our suspicion that nicotine lived on the walls. It was our last hope of getting some form of sleep during our sprint to Greenville. I would stay again as I received 15% discount coupons for the next trip. Overall, it basically was what we were in need of most. Sleep. And slept we did.

Stayed December 2013
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Stduno, Happy Holidays! I apologize for room 205 smelling like smoke. Through it all, it is good you were able to get sleep. Though it has always been a non smoking room, it is located near a smoking room. The smell may have come from the air vents or by way of a smoker who steps outside to smoke. We have put the room out of service until it has undergone further treatment. Our goal is not to turn the room into an official smoking room, but to continue odor treatments. I have instructed the desk staff to assign the room only to those guests who do not share the same sensitivities to smoke. We appreciate you considering staying with us on your return through Macon. Please make your reservation in advance to avoid the last minute frustrations, and have your discount coupon handy. We wish you a very Happy New Year!
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

I have not stayed here. I wrote a review for red roof inn on River Place Drive because it was run down . I have not stayed at this location but I am trying to correct my review because the management kindly informed me to check the address and indeed I did write a poor review for this location by accident and I have not been able to correct it through Tripadvisor and I don't want people to be swayed by my review of the run down location of RedRoof Inn on River Place Drive since there are two red roof locations in
Macon, Georgia.

• Stayed December 2013
RRI-West, Public Relations Manager at Red Rest Inn, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear 45642211, We hope your Christmas was truly Merry! Thank you for your correction. As a note, for a listing of newly renovated properties, please visit the brand's web site. Click the "About Us" link for the latest updated listings. If you are contacting the call center be sure to ask the representative for the nearest newly renovated property. All of us at Red Roof want you to be 100 percent satisfied with your stay. Please give each and every one of us the opportunity not only to serve you, but to make things right if something goes wrong! Happy New Years!