“Only Good If You Get A Room With King Sized Bed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Macon I-475

Days Inn Macon I-475
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Macon
North Palm Beach
“Only Good If You Get A Room With King Sized Bed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I used to stay here as a regular stop on my trips out of Florida and was pleased until recently.

On my previous trips I asked for and was given a room with a king size bed and the room was very nice. The room had a couch for viewing TV and was clean and reasonably new furniture. The bed was comfortable.

However, on my last stay they said there were no kings available and put me in a room with 2 double beds and it was nowhere near as nice. The beds were hard and uncomfortable and the room overall was a bit shabby. I was a bit upset as I found out later that there were king bed rooms available. The next time I went, they again said no kings available and I decided not to stay and now stay elsewhere at that exit.

There are a number of good restaurants and a Walmart nearby. The location is very good as it is a short bit away from the highway and has little noise. Try getting one on the side opposite the highway as this is shady in the afternoon.

The "breakfast" is really just coffee, juice and some cheap danish type rolls and some fruit. For me just coffee.

A very nice deal if you get the king bed, but a bad stay if you do not.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kettering
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here on our trip from Ohio to Fla. and on again our way back. The rooms were clean, with a micro and a mini-fridge, the ice machine worked, the shower was very good and the beds were comfortable.The staff was friendly enough, we did not try the continental breakfast, This Rodeway Inn served our needs on our road trip to and from Fla. This exit(offI475) has many hotels and food options as well as a Wal-Mart. Parking in front of our room was a plus.Would stay here again and recommend this property if you are traveling on a tight budget or just in need of a good clean room in the Macon area. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I needed to stay in Macon for the weekend for a spring art show. I did not make reservations beforehand because there are so many hotels! However, after a long day of set up, at 10 at night, I was in a panic because all the hotels nearby were full. Another hotel sent me to Rodeway, and I thought, oh no, the last available hotel is not a good sign. At $45, my expectations were very low. I was greatly surprised. Most of the hotels I stay at are in the $80-$100 range. My room was as clean and comfortable as any of them. Even the lady at check in was accomodating and friendly. I was really blown away that for $45 I could stay at a decent, clean, safe hotel. I do not write many reviews. But this experience really stood out, and I will absolutely stay again on my next trip to Macon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed here on our drive from Florida to Wisconsin. The place resembles a Red Roof Inn from the outside. We stayed in 127 and it was so clean and comfortable for $45 - the money we saved paid for a yummy breakfast at Cracker Barrel the next day :)
The room was updated, had clean moderate quality towels, soft clean linens on the 2 queen beds. The TV was older, but worked great. The room has a medium size refrigerator and microwave that are both in good condition. The "continental breakfast" offerings were yummy danishes, bananas, apples, and coffee/tea. We grabbed some items to go as we checked-out.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We were going on a cruise leaving from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). We live in Windsor, Ontario and were driving down. We left Wednesday morning and after driving all day stopped at the Rodeway Inn. We have stayed at this hotel before and were not disappointed at all. The hotel is clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was only coffee and muffins but that did not bother us. The Cracker Barrel is a short distance just across the highway. What a relaxing sleep after being on the road for so long. The hotel in itself we felt very comfortable for the $48.00 we paid. We actually stopped at this same hotel after we got off the cruise ship. Will definitely stop at this hotel anytime we are heading to Florida.

Room Tip: On our trip to Fort Lauderdale we were at the front of the hotel. It is right near a major highway...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

As snowbirds, Macon GA is our favorite stop on the way to FL. The rates are very reasonable; it's close to the expressway (not too close, so there's no traffic noise). They also permit pets (extra charge)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grandpa48
Talladega, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

While this hotel may have deserved higher ratings years ago, now it is sadly out of date. The furniture was old and worn, decor is something out of the 80's and the carpet was filthy looking. The room smelled like smoke even though all rooms are suppose to be nonsmoking. The bathroom was microscopic... one step in you have the toilet; two steps in you hit the tub.This is not a hotel I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends