“Don't expect much” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Savannah, Georgia
“Don't expect much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Well the past two visits to Residence Inns has been terribly disappointing. Macon had saggy beds, skimpy breakfast, old carpet, and mildew smell in the room. I confirmed a 2 br suite but they messed that up and I finished with two 1 br rooms. The good part is that they only charged me for one. Oh, the pillows were LOUSY and flat. Stay at a Days Inn and pocket the rest of the dough! Marriott must be having some rough times.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Keith T
Kathryn S, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I wanted to thank you for responding about your recent staty here. I am the new General Manager here and I have taken your comments as an action plan item here at the hotel. I can tell you that we have made positive improvements and you would be pleased to know great improvements are happening here. If you are in the Macon area again please give us a second chance we would love to have you!

478.475.4280 X 400

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here only one night while in town for business. I realize this is not your normal stay at this chain, but while I was there, the room was clean and the breakfast and evening social was good. I would definitely consider this for a future long term stay if necessary.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The check in was fast and friendly and we were given a room that unfortunately did not have a working microwave. We requested and were immediately moved to a new room. Unfortunately this room had been deodorized with a strong perfume and the smell was overpowering. We returned to the desk for the third time and were moved across the hall a third room with a microwave that had been replaced but never mounted and was sitting on the kitchen counter. We also noticed the counter was greasy and the bathroom floor was covered in back footprints. We therefore concluded that the rooms were not being properly cleaned and the supervision was substandard. The desk immediately sent a housekeeper to clean the floor and we decided not to move a forth time as we were tired from a day of travel.

Prior to dinner we stopped in the dining area for a small snack and were pleasantly surprised to find a delicious evening meal with an excellent hot soup and fresh salad. Not only did we enjoy it but canceled our dinner plans and returned to the room full happy and with an extra $20 or 30 dollars we no longer needed to spend. We would stay in this hotel again but remain cautious concerning cleaning and maintenance issues.

Room Tip: Have a back up plan in case you are not happy.

Room Tip: Have a back up plan in case you are not happy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RICHARD B
Somerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel seemed a little worn, but overall was clean and the staff were all very friendly, although a bit disorganized. The room was clean and neat, again looked as though it might be ready for a renovation soon. Breakfast was okay, nothing special, but was fresh and the serving area was clean. About the only thing I might knock the hotel down for was the firepit in a courtyard right next to a number of rooms. There were guests out there until at least 11 PM one night having fun, but way too loud. If someone was trying to sleep, that would not be possible. They need to move that in my opinion. There is no wifi available in the rooms which is mandatory in a hotel nowadays. There is only wifi in the lobby. There is a train crossing somewhere nearby, didn't bother us too much, but it did wake me up twice a night.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the courtyard with the fire pit.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband is statione in Ga but our home is in Al, so we thought it would be fun to gather up the kids, meet half way and spend the long Veterans day weekend together. Boy were we wrong!

Trash in the fireplace, pool closed due to broken heater, hot tub closed, dishes in suit broken, dishwasher didnt work, internet connection constantly dropped, cable constantly went out on all TV's and when we reported it to the front desk they told us we could call tech support. The website lists all these amenities that helped us make our decision to use this hotelinstead of the several others in the area, but the truth is non of these items was available. I was told that the Manager would contact us about our concerns that has not happened yet. I even sent an email to the custome care group who again advised that the manager would contact us.

It seems like once the $475 was authorized on our credit card they were done with us.

Room Tip: For the best room for the value choose another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kathryn S, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Ms. Colvin,
I wanted to thank you fro your response last November about the Residence Inn in Macon. I am the new General Manager here and I have taken your feedback and used it as a training tool for the hotel staff. What you experienced is never a level of serivice I ever want repeated here and I appreciate the time you took to let us know. I apologize for your experience and hope tht if you are in Macon again that you will give us another try.
Warm Regards,
478.475.4280x 400
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

First, the area that needs some attention - while the room was clean, the bed sheets had permanent ink and rust stains on it and had holes in it! That is a fail right there and leads to a poor rating in my book. No other big issues - service was good and enjoyed the evening reception. I would rate the breakfast below average.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kathryn S, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I wanted to thank you very much for the feedback you gave our hotel last Fall. I am the new General Manager here and I have addressed the issues you have mentioned in your review. We have an entirely new Management Staff here and we look forward to showing you our positive changes should you ever venture to Macon in the future.

Warm Regards,
478.475.4280 X 400
New Albany, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had a very nice room for our family of 4. Nice queen size bed.... but very uncomfortable Sofa for our kids. Impossible to turn or move on that sofa. But if you only need the queen size bed... you should be just fine. Breakfast in the am was very poor. Few choices. Around in the same area are other hotels less expensive and better overall. (like country inn)

Room Tip: Lower level sucks....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family