“Second stay, had to change rooms 3 times...very dirty”

Residence Inn Macon
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very sorry to say that in 12 months this hotel has gone from clean to gross! Stayed last January and thought it was great, looked and smelled clean, staff was very nice. Stayed again this year with my grandson and daughter-in-law...we stopped a little early in our trip and splurged for a suite with fireplace and two bedrooms, walked down hallway and noticed door to unit was cracked open, knocked and called out...no one was there, but it looked like someone had just left (staff taking nap?) beds were made but look like someone had been laying on top of sheets in one room...ugh!
Carpet had bad stains, so did curtains...window latch was broken to outside, room smelled bad, etc. Called desk told them room was dirty and looked like someone had just left. Staff was very nice and offered to change room if I would come exchange keys, so we hauled toddler back to front of Inn, got new key, walked back down two long hallways to another suite, it was worse than the first! Toilets had black rings around them and in one of the rooms the carpet had a huge stain that looked like blood, sheets on bed had hairs on them...desk called this time while we were in room asked how it was, I hardly knew what to say...I mean around each ac vent there was black soot and dust balls at least a foot around opening, no it wasn't ok. We had to take another walk down the long hallways to get to desk...this time I told my daughter in-law to stay with the 2 year old(who was getting very cranky) while I checked out the next room. They didn't have anymore two bedroom suites so we went smaller, one bedroom plus a couch, it was ok...still had carpet stains, but seemed and smelled cleaner. We stayed the night, I had to sleep on couch, but not sure I will ever come again. The staff said she was sorry, she really seemed embarrassed, but mgmt. Never contacted me, apologized or anything and I am a Marriott rewards member. So disappointed because I go through this area six to seven times a year and would love a place to call "home".

Room Tip: I would check out room before deciding to stay or bring in luggage!
Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tweedlebug1
Kathryn S, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

I wanted to thank you for your comments from January of this past year. I am the new General Manager here and I wanted to let you know that the hotel stay you experienced is not our standard level of service. My sincere apologies for that. As a mother myself and having traveled with toddlers in the past it is NOT plesant to ever have problems at check in. I can assure you that the hotel has fixed the issues you mentioned and our new Management Staff would appreciate the chance to serve you again when you come to the Macon area agian this year. We truly can be your home away from home.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Macon

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Filthy, run down and management could care less. What a disappointment. I stay at residence inns all over the country and truly this one is one of the worse, poorly maintained and managed. Pass it by and stay across the street.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank awsofny

I wanted to thank you for your comments about your stay this past winter. I am the new General Manager here and I have been re training our associates on Marriott standards of service and cleanliness. I am proud to say we have a great staff of highly motivated managers and staff ready to serve you if you ever stay in the Macon area again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This is our second time here. The staff has been very helpful and courteous.

Rooms while worn, are clean and comfortable. Temperature adjustments are fine, and parking well lit and available.

Grocery store was conveniently located on the other side of the interstate. Many restaurants available too.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We really have nothing bad to say about this Inn. It met all of our expectations with a clean comfortable 1 bedroom suite. The only negative was the bathroom sink faucet leaked from the handle. We only told them about it as we were leaving. Breakfast is their usual with eggs, potatoes, meat and various dry items. At night when you arrive, they have fresh cookies and hot coffee plus apple and oranges. This was my second time staying here and it was everything I remembered. Thanks to all the staff we met.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

After reading some previous reviews, we were about ready to change our reservations. We spent New Years Eve at the Residence Inn in Macon while in transit to Florida. The earlier Scrooges couldn't have been more wrong. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite. The courtesy of the staff was totally "Southern Welcome". The room was very clean, the service was extremely attentive, and the food was well prepared, tasty, and clean. We would come back any time. Only downer is that the hot tub was closed to an ADA law that requires expensive equipment that is closing many hot tubs around the country.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Well the past two visits to Residence Inns has been terribly disappointing. Macon had saggy beds, skimpy breakfast, old carpet, and mildew smell in the room. I confirmed a 2 br suite but they messed that up and I finished with two 1 br rooms. The good part is that they only charged me for one. Oh, the pillows were LOUSY and flat. Stay at a Days Inn and pocket the rest of the dough! Marriott must be having some rough times.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith T
Kathryn S, General Manager at Residence Inn Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

I wanted to thank you for responding about your recent staty here. I am the new General Manager here and I have taken your comments as an action plan item here at the hotel. I can tell you that we have made positive improvements and you would be pleased to know great improvements are happening here. If you are in the Macon area again please give us a second chance we would love to have you!

kathryn.sabaka@marriott.com
478.475.4280 X 400

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here only one night while in town for business. I realize this is not your normal stay at this chain, but while I was there, the room was clean and the breakfast and evening social was good. I would definitely consider this for a future long term stay if necessary.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business