“Overall good deal”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #40 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was satisfied with the state of the room and the cost. My only complaints are trivial. For example, the clock was not set when we arrived in the room and the bathroom smelled like mothballs (personal pet peeve- I hate that smell). Also, the water cooler in the lobby was out of water, which again is a trivial water but registers as an annoyance after a 12 hour drive. I would stay here again, as the price was right, the room was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank April R
APatel2010, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with my hotel staff and they join me in thanking you for you kind words. I am glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations next time you are in town.

GM

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were going to Florida and after a long trip we made it to Macon we asked if we could use the coupon and they said yes and even upgraded to a suite. What a great place the breakfast was very good and that even saved us more money. The only thing that I thought was not right was that they have a cook out only on Monday, Tuesday And Wedseday It would be nice if they would do this all week long. Ken on the front desk was very good at getting us checked inand to our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

GM

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We came to this hotel in July and the room was on the first floor. So when we came back to Macon in August we decided to stay at the same place. The only fault I have this time is the tub doesn't look great. It's nice if you come in Mon through Wednesday they offer a dinner cooked on the outdoor grill. I wasn't there those days. They have a nice gazebo that you can sit out side in. I am writing this the night I checked in so as of this visit can't comment on the free breaks fast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
APatel2010, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Reviewed 3 August 2013

When first arriving at the hotel it's obvious there isn't much to be impressed by and that was fine. We weren't expecting much, just a place to sleep for the night. We did get in early enough for my son to swim and he was looking forward to it. On the drive back to our room we noticed a couple people standing outside drinking. Not a big deal at first,it just seemed out of place. My daughter and I settled in the room while my husband took my son swimming. As we were in the room I kept smelling the smell of stale smoke. It got so bad that my throat was scratching and it was really messing with my allergies. My husband came back with my son and I asked him if he could smell anything off. At first he didn't but then after being in the room for about 10 minutes he could smell it. He talked to the front desk woman and decided to leave. He said from what he saw while at the swimming pool, the smell in our room and more seedy characters showing up that we needed to go. The hotel room itself was really dirty in the corners and the sheets were awful! So scratchy.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tammyf7112001

I would like to thank you for taking your time to inform me about the experience that you received at our hotel. I assure you that is not the quality of service that we strive for our guest. I have addressed this issue directly with house keeping staff and both of us would like to offer our apology.

We are committed to make sure that this would not happen again.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here in June and it was the best sleep I had all week I was on vacation.Also the breakfast in the morning is GREAT make your self waffles, biscuts and gravy better than Moms,eggs, fruit, cereal, juice and good coffee. The staff was the best told me good places to eat if I did not want to go to the free yes I said free cook out. Quick check in and check out and the front desk was busy but still made me feel importiant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The front desk was great knew about Macon told us things to do in Macon. The motel is very clean , nice rooms we were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. i was going to stay one night and stayed for 3. On Monday, Tuesday they have a cook out for the guest this was great I got to meet the other guest and we had a great time, and it is FREE> What a nice way to spent some down time and relax.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel was the one of the best hotel i have ever spent a night. The suite room were very big and nice. the breakfast was excellent with sausage, gravy and biscuits. the service was up to high level and staff was friendly. the only negative thing was that my room took a while to get cool in heat and i think it might be because of the property is outdoor.
Overall the property was kept CLEAN IN and OUT.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo