“Annual stop on way to Disney World”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Check in was simple and quick, room was very nice except only partially made up. (One bed without a comforter). We decided to ask for a second room and was given the room connecting to the first and it worked out wonderfully. Staff was very friendly and cheerful. Will continue to stop here on our way south.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet ask for ground level rooms. This hotel always puts us in a ground fl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rufusdNashville_TN

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stay at this hotel while in macon for business every other month. I love this place! I have co-workers that stay other places, but I always end up back here. You just can't beat it. The staff is great and I have never had a complaint and I have been staying here since 2001. The breakfast is good. They the typical hotel breakfast, no kitchen, so they do not have a full buffet, but they do have waffles, which I love! The rooms have recently been updated and they are so well appointed and very comfortable. The rooms are quiet, I have never had a problem with hearing noise from outside or other guests. I sometimes travel with my little yorkie and when possible my husband and daughter come along. They enjoy the pool, which is in a very pretty courtyard. Downstairs rooms open directly to the courtyard and have small patios. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms have direct access to the pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Almost everything was good- Breakfast, comfy beds, nice rooms. The cleanliness of the floor however was horrible. I saw lots of dirt and particles especially on the bathroom floor and that shows some carelessness of the staff. Nevertheless, rest of the room was clean and I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed one night with family and small dog. As noted by others, check in can be slow (2 people in front of me and took about 10 minutes to check in). Rooms are nice for this price point. Typical breakfast; nothing special. Nice lobby and pool area for eating breakfast. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Busy just before Christmas. We were treated very professional by the staff who had a long line waiting for rooms. The rooms were well above our expectations. Clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable beds. I stay at La Quinta for business in other places and always felt I receive my moneys worth. This hotel exceeded that.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The room we were given on the second floor was clearly worth double what we paid. The strange thing about this hotel was the front desk service. When we arrived about six o'clock pm I thought a bus load of tourists had arrived, it wasnt. what I witnessed was a group of people fuming at the one front desk person some so frustrated that they were unfairly hurling verbal abuse at this man.I waited and waited to check in and finaly I was served after about 35 miutes. I was informed that the hotel had cut back on staff and he was it!
In the morning I went to check out after a very nice experience with the luxurious room and a sign was on the check out desk "No front desk staff available" there was a pile of door card keys on the desk where people just dropped them and ran, I did the same. It was clear that this hotel is on some economy drive as the breakfast was no where near the high standard of the Piqua location I stayed the night before.
My suggestion to the owners of this hotel is to raise the room prices and get some more staff, I would be quite preparred to pay more to stay here, it would be worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daveandgaye
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We have stayed at the other LaQuinta in the area and chose this one on this trip. Gorgeous lobby, well appointed room, very clean, nice bathroom, Everything as good as "Big City, Big Name" hotels. Yes, because guests carry breakfast to the room the hallway carpet should be cleaned again and likely frequently changed. But this is a very nice property!

Room Tip: There are likely no bad rooms!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple