“Not up to Marriott standards - keep driving!”

Fairfield Inn Macon West
Ranked #50 of 67 Hotels in Macon
“Not up to Marriott standards - keep driving!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I think it's time for the Marriott corporation to take a visit to this hotel. The entire property was worn and tattered and completely lacking the high standards and touches that you'd expect from a Marriott property. It all started with our difficulty finding the hotel as the lights on their sign were half out and the remainder dimmed. The carpets were worn, furniture tattered, and decor lacking. Our room overlooked the pool and it looked as the pool and white furniture hadn't been scrubbed in years. There was algae growing on the top of the hot tub and towels were heaped on the ground. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
wisconsin
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My family consists of my husband, 5 year old daughter, twelve year old daughter, and myself. We don't have very high expectations in a hotel; clean room, decent bed, warm shower and we hate happy!

We arrived at about 10:30 pm after 15 hours of driving from Wisconsin. We got our keys, and then went to get ice
and the ice machine was broken. We asked Octavia (the extremely nice receptionist) if there was another and she said no, and apologized saying she has called maintenance for the last couple of days to fix it and there has been no response. (No big deal, just a bit frustrating but we didn't mind.) Our room was #316. It seemed fine, we put the little one to bed and I started the shower. I ran it for 10 minutes and couldn't get any hot water. I called down and Octavia said to come down and she would move us and give us a new key. I went down, got a key to #325, went back up and grabbed our little one (sleeping) and carried her to the new room. Which wouldn't open. Octavia then came up, tried the master key and found that the door was jammed shut. She was very apologetic but at this point we are beyond annoyed. She gave us room #323. We got in with the kids and noticed immediately the "non-smoking" room just reeked of cigarette smoke. Too tired to argue we went to sleep. In the morning I went to take a shower and it was thankfully nice and warm. After give minutes it turned scalding hot (on it's own) to the point I screamed and had to jump out of the shower while it was still running. My back felt quite scorched. They refunded the room in the morning and the receptionists admitted they had to send three people to other hotels lady night for water reasons.

I have to say this is enough for my family and I to never want to stay at a Mariott ever again. We were so very displeased with this stay. We travel at least four times per year, across the country often. I think this should definitely be addressed before someone more impatient than myself would choose to take something like this even further. I am a business owner in Wisconsin, and I would be mortified if I heard this about my own business.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank karlaann
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It looks tired, the desk chair was heavily stained. Room was okay but probably wouldn't stay here again. They desperately need a face lift on this property. Noise from the highway was unusually loud; I don't know why. Hard to pick a room that isn't close to the highway. You can do better. To its credit, it is very convenient.

Room Tip: Try to stay as far from I-475 as you possibly can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is not what I expect of a Marriott property. Pool wasn't working, towels in room were wet, wi-fi not available, carpet filthy, bed is what I expect from a Motel 6, curtains falling from window. Maybe Marriott is on the downslide? Never again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ted Z
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were tired and stopped here off I-75. Good location, nice and quiet. The staff was nice and the room was fine. The location is close to some good restaurants,,,,we ate at the 17th street Barbeque and it was tops! Got the recommendation from the Hotel Staff. Some other good places in the area as this is close to the college. Didn't stick around for the free breakfast but the morning manager did have coffee ready at 4:15am so we took off early! Overall a good stay and I'd stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for one night on the bypass.. Glad we did .. It was clean . The front desk staff was very friendly.. Great breakfast in the morning.. Quiet room , comfortable beds.. Will stay again.

Room Tip: We had first floor.. Very quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night on our way to Florida. This hotel is kept decently clean and the staff is very friendly but is needs a lot of repair and up keeping. In our room the TV did not work, the toilet did not flush completely and you had to work at it to get it to flush at all. Beds are comfortable and the breakfast was kept full in the morning. I would not stay here again on our next trip south but would gamble on another hotel.

Stayed May 2014