“Average at Best”

Fairfield Inn Macon West
Ranked #47 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have stayed at this property several times over the last few years and the property is slipping badly. Deferred maintenance issues are growing, the facility seems tired and worn. I would not stay here again. The overall condition of the property is surprising given that it is part of the Marriott brand. I am a Marriott gold member, stay at all the brands and like Marriott. This is an older Fairfield and would not be surprised to see this property lose its Fairfield name in the near future. Macon has many hotel choices. I would recommend the I-75 area north of town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Worst Marriott property I have stayed at. Had billing problems from the first day of a 6 day stay. Afternoon clerk VERY helpful and I think it is fixed...we'll see. Hotel is rundown & smells of mildew. No exercise facility. Hot tub is out of sevice and filled with green water. Morning/breakfast clerk rude, late with food, and could not keep coffee pots full. Very disapointed. I'll add this property to the top of my DO NOT STAY list.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful. As we checked in, we looked for cart for our luggage. None found. Clerk looked & there were none. My husband is 79 yrs old & recently had surgery & we had lots of luggage. She gave us a laundry cart & we used that. Same thing happened in morning when checked out. Talked to other guests & they had same problem. Talked to front desk clerk & she gave me the laundry cart again. The room we had was clean & everything worked ok. Breakfast was satisfactory. Get some luggage carts or someone to help guests with their luggage. Location of hotel was very convenient. Not sure if I would stay there again as there were many other hotels in same area.

Room Tip: Before you check in & you have lots of luggage or you are older, check to make sure there is a l...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This Fairfield definitely needs some upgrades. It is convenient to the Interstate, the price was good, and the staff is very helpful. The breakfast was very good. Everything was filled and the fruit looked fresh. We didn't have any problems with the room. Everything worked just fine. My only serious complaint is the WiFi. It kept dropping out or going to an extremely low speed. While I didn't expect high speed, this was totally unsatisfactory. I couldn't even download messages in less than 20 minutes. Forget streaming any video. So, if you're just passing through and need a place to spend the night, without any frills, this hotel is OK. IF you're staying in the area, I'd suggest another hotel.

Room Tip: A lower floor might give you better WiFi speed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This Fairfield was not up to the usual standards I encounter at the typical Fairfield Inn. In my opinion it is poorly maintained compared to the many other Fairfield Inns I have stayed in. The maintenance man needs fired or replaced unless it's a management issue. The staff however is very accommodating and willing to do anything to help. Upon checking inn and opening 1 of 2 rooms it had a hole in the bathroom door and a musty smell in the room. The second rooms toilet had issues and wouldn't flush properly. It had a musty smell also but you can easily tell it was from lack of maintenance to the a/c. Again the staff was willing to accommodate but I just didn't expect this from a marriott hotel chain.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night on our way to Florida. The facility is older, and is showing its age. Our first room had a leak in the bathroom. Or second room had a leak in the sink dipping water onto the floor. I had to use am ice bucket to try and contain the water. Our third room was ok. Luckily there were several empty rooms at the hotel, so the staff there could change our room.

The hotel provides a continental breakfast which was nice. There is free parking and a number of decent restaurants in the area.

While we were disappointed in the hotel, and having to change rooms three times, the hotel staff was great. They did everything they could to accommodate us. A special thank you to the young lady at the desk, Syozzia. She was outstanding.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I think it's time for the Marriott corporation to take a visit to this hotel. The entire property was worn and tattered and completely lacking the high standards and touches that you'd expect from a Marriott property. It all started with our difficulty finding the hotel as the lights on their sign were half out and the remainder dimmed. The carpets were worn, furniture tattered, and decor lacking. Our room overlooked the pool and it looked as the pool and white furniture hadn't been scrubbed in years. There was algae growing on the top of the hot tub and towels were heaped on the ground. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple