Fairfield Inn Macon West
Sleep Inn(Macon)
US$72
US$59
SleepInn
All reviewsroom was cleanice machinefront desk personnelother hotels in the areabagelsfree breakfastbreakfast was excellentgreat ratestaff was very friendlybreakfast barwould stay here againmedicationforsythhousekeeper
Reviewed 22 June 2007

My extended family was traveling to Florida with small children. Due to the length of the drive, I made reservations for three rooms at the Fairfield Macon West about 2 weeks in advance. Two groups in my party checked in around 6:30 pm on the 9th. When we checked in, we informed the clerk that the last group in our party got a late start and wouldn't arrive until around 10 or 11:00pm. "Not a problem - a room is reserved" says the clerk. Around 9:00 pm we told the clerk that the party encountered traffic and wouldn't be in until around 1:00 am. "Not a problem - a room is reserved" says the clerk. Again around 11:30pm we re-confirmed with the clerk that a room was being held for the party arriving late. "Not a problem - a room is reserved" says the clerk. Needless to say, the final party in our group arrived around 1:00am and were told there were no rooms available despite the "Not a problem - a room is reserved" assurances we received earlier in the evening. They were sent to a Baymont Inn (I think) for a complementary room - they were offered a smoking room that had been USED earlier in the evening and had not been cleaned. They declined and were sent back to the Fairfield Inn. The Fairfield clerk then offers them a closet sized room with a single double bed and no pullout sofa - hardly acceptable sleeping arrangements for a family of four. By this time it was nearly 2:00am and they really had no choice but to accept the room. I don't know what Marriott's corporate policy is for holding rooms for late arrivals but I found the whole situation to be totally unacceptable. Had the third party gotten tired and decided to stop in Atlanta instead of continuing to Macon, would I have been charged for a "no show" despite that fact that no rooms were really available? Probably so.

Beware arriving late with a reservation.

As for my room - it was clean but in need of renovation (worn furniture, mildew in bath/sink caulking, broken window locks (scary in a third floor room with toddlers), etc.). The breakfast was pretty basic (although they did have a cool Belgian waffle maker with premixed batter).

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Deland, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2006

I chose the Fairfield instead of the other hotels at this exit because of its affiliation with Marriott but was disappointed. While the staff was very personable and helpful and the hotel seemed clean enough, the room was a big disappointment. Even though this is Marriott's low end, I expected something comparable to a Hampton Inn, but this place fell far short. First, the air conditioner was about as quiet as a generator. Second, their decor (?) does not include bedspreads--only this strange little rectangle of fabric/bed scarf--and no extra blankets in the closet or in drawers. So, when you operate the air conditioner, which you must in Georgia in July, and are traveling with a companion who likes a sleeping room to be cold, there is absolutely nothing you can do to keep warm except sleep in layers since there is only a double-sheeted thin blanket on the bed with which to cover up. I had a non-smoking room adjacent to a smoking room and always detected the smell of smoke. In addition, finding a place to eat after 10pm at this exit was limited to fast food or a Waffle House--not even an IHOP or Denny's around. I should have kept driving!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2005

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn for a total of 8 nights and was pleased with my stay. The staff and service were excellent and the beds, bedding, towels, room decor and fixtures were all average but everything was clean. The free continental breakfast was good but with no surprises. I felt safe and comfortable staying alone all 8 nights and would definitely stay again if in Macon.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank HISprisca
Reviewed 14 November 2004

From the time I drove up to the front door I was impressed. Great landscaping for a lower priced hotel. I was greeting with a smiling hello at the front desk and every housekeeper I saw had a friendly hello for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody travelling through Macon. The fresh made waffles are awesome and they serve some of the best coffee I have ever had!
Thanks for a great stay!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
Reviewed 23 April 2003

I am a high ranking Air Force employee and stayed at the Fairfield Inn - Macon West on April 14th, 2003. I called the front desk for a wake up call for 5:30a, but the desk never called my room.I woke up at 7:00a, had to delay my business associate, and didn't have time to take a morning shower, get breakfast or even a cup of coffee, and barely had time to dress and brush my hair. We were late for a very important meeting at Robins Air Force Base because of no wake up call. I might have still awakened when I should have if the cheap, ineffective clock radio (if you can call it that) had worked. Upon checking out, I gave my phone number to the desk clerk and asked the manager to call me. She didn't call. Then, I called Fairfield Inn - Macon West and left my name and number with the complaint on the manager's voice mail. Again I asked for the manager to contact me. Again, the manager of this Fairfield Inn never bothered to call - she ignored my voice mail. I am a Marriott Rewards Member and have never had such a poor experience with any of the Marriott owned hotels. I would suggest others not stay at this particular Fairfield Inn since you will most likely not receive good service, nor attention to detail like a simple wake up call. My day got off to a terrible start and it was nearly ruined because of this incident. It caused me great stress trying to make the meeting and not feeling my best. By the way, if anyone can tell me how to contact Marriott to lodge a formal complaint, please let me know. I only spent time writing this so others may not have to go through what I did. You would never think this would be such a big deal, but it really was!

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member