“amazing view”

Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 10 March 2014

All around great experience. We would recommend if you can spending the little extra to have the water view! Absolutely breathe taking, and so relaxing. The room was very nicely done with good amenities. The only thing I would say is after the inside work is done they should redo and brighten up the exterior.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Namaste C, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here over the weekend for a city Girls Basketball Tourney. The views were great. Thats about where the positive ends. The customer service and front desk staff at this hotel is so poor, I was put-off from the minute we checked in. I had to ask simple questions that should have been addressed at check-in. I had to 'seek out' the answers to basic questions like "What time is breakfast served on the weekend?" Three calls to the Front Desk, 3 different answers. We never could get the iPad, and iPod connected to the "free Wifi," and no help in that area from Front Desk either. "Keep Trying" was all I got. Maybe if the 'Guest Services' book in the room had listed any of this information, I would forgive the poor customer service. But again, nothing helpful anywhere in this hotel. When I booked at Redlion.com, I paid for "free Hot breakfast." We get to the restaurant, and find that you are expected to leave a tip, and upon check-out we had been charged for "menu items" at $7 a piece plus tax. What menu? We were never given a menu. It was a buffet, help yourself, and were never even visited by a waiter or waitress. But I am supposed to leave a tip? For what? We checked out yesterday, I was given a copy of my bill, but the amount on it doesnt match what was taken out of my account. I am waiting a day or two to see if that has been fixed, due to the both-day breakfast errors and the tax charged on a "free Hot breakfast." Great Location for the area, everything else was way below average.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 61rachela
Lynn M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

The experience you had with our team is extremely disturbing. I can only imagine the frustration and disappointment you must have felt! We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced with the Front Desk staff will be looked into and addressed accordingly. Providing exemplary guest satisfaction is not a goal, it's a standard. To that end, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and bring these issues to our attention. It is only through candid comments such as yours that we are made aware of short-comings. While I know it doesn't erase the negative experience you had with us, I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to have you as our guests.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

A group of 6 adults stayed here for 1 night. The location was good, and the rooms with a water view were definitely worth the extra money.
The service was lacing. There was no soap in any of the rooms! I have never had this happen before. When I called the front desk they said "yeah we're out". And that was it!
There was a grocery store a few blocks away, so I am mot sure why they didn't send someone over to get soap. All 3 of our rooms had no soap, so I would have to assume all the other rooms had none, either.
I found their lack of concern about this a little baffling.

• Stayed: September 2013
Lynn M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We take all feed-back from guests extremely seriously. To that end, I have shared your comments with our Rooms Manager and we are a bit confused. We have not been out of soap in our guestrooms, so we are very concerned and confused about the experience you described. We are committed to resolving guest issues and would welcome the opportunity to speak further with you about this. We do hope that you will contact us directly or allow us another opportunity to be of service and provide the level of comfort you have come to expect and deserve.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Dogs are allowed in the motel. There are no designated areas for pet owners. They are scattered throughout the motel with non-pet owners. When I was walking down the hall, several rooms had dogs yipping in them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We were really looking forward to staying at the red lion however when we went to check in Cassie the front desk agent was sour, rude, no smile and no help. We looked at a room which we liked so decided we'd stay but when my husband went to get a room Cassie was once again rude and uninviting.
Too bad that they lose business because they are unable to hire a professional staff!

• Stayed: February 2014
Lynn M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take all customer issues very seriously. I'm sorry to hear our front office staff did not handle your interaction with professionalism. Please accept my apologies --- I can only imagine the frustration and disappointment you must have felt. While I realize it does not erase your experience, I do hope you will allow us a chance to make it up to you on your next stay.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Poor signage to the Hotel (very large restaurant sign in front of hotel instead of Red Lion). Partial renovation of the building - the outside is dated and unremarkable. The restaurant is gaunt and the food barely edible (for fear of food borne illness). During our stay the hallway and people above us were very loud (this lasted for nearly 4 hours - even after calling front desk. It only stopped after threatening to call Police for disturbance). Pros: in room fridge and microwave - bathroom was clean and the view of the water and pier was very nice (excluding the roadway and walking trail directly in front of your room window - lacks privacy). Over priced and over rated - Great Water View with Poor Amenities (especially the Crab House and the outside decor).

Room Tip: First floor water view isn't worth listening to the guest above you and there is a road way and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amanda H
Lynn M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the beautiful water view but I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you had at the restaurant as well as your dismay at the outdoor décor of the Hotel. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing a better customer experience. To that end, we will act to rectify the negative points you mentioned. That said, we do hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel was surprisingly in line with larger, more urban than I expected. Linens were nice, everything clean. I would stay again... Maybe a few days now that I know Port Angeles is so lovely and accommodations nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and for being a guest at our hotel!

I hope that we get to see you here again!

Warm regards,

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles? Share your experiences!