“Great location.”

Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Everything was wonderful. Beautiful view from our balcony. Very comfortable beds. Only complaints are the hotel ran out of soap and not enough towels. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sandierathbun
Namaste C, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Traveler,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Redlion. My apologies for the soap and towel problem you encountered, I hope that we were able to provide you with all the amenities you needed for your stay! We would love to see you here again!

Cheers,

Namaste C

Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I found staying here to be a frustrating, annoying experience and would never stay here again. I'll try to keep this short.

Problems:

1. Inconsistent pricing of rooms. Yes, a lot of hotels play this game, but that doesn't make it OK, and I particularly don't like to have my arm twisted to join a loyalty program or to play games with whether breakfast is included or not (don't nickel and dime me to death, and if I say something about the pricing at the desk, just comp me the stupid breakfast).

2. $178/night for a sparsely furnished queen room overlooking an overstuffed parking lot? Not a good value, even with the location of the hotel itself. There was a reason that this hotel had rooms available when others were booked.

3. Ridiculously long dog policy to sign, which employees are not familiar with. I put the "dog in the room" card on the door, as asked (which I'd never been asked to do before -- and I stay with dogs a lot), and the card says specifically "do not disturb." An employee knocked anyway because the door was slightly cracked open, so of course my dogs barked. Oops, but I could get kicked out for my dogs barking. The employee was *extremely* rude when I pointed out to him that he shouldn't have knocked. "Sorry I didn't read the fine print." Yes, that is your job, and no, I don't want to have to deal with rude employees when I am sitting in my room minding my own business.

4. A phone call to see if my room was OK. Was that because of the altercation in #3, something they do to all guests (if so, it's annoying -- I don't want any phone calls), or are you checking up on me because of something the employee said?

On the positive side, the room was clean and the room service was reasonably priced and reasonably fast. That's not enough to bring me back, though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hikeswith2dogs
Namaste C, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed one night on August 23rd and one night on August 30th. Booked two queen beds for both nights with the phone number listed on this website. The first night was across a room partying till about 11 pm with screaming and a lot of noises. Got only one queen bed for the second night during the late check in around 9:30 pm. I was offered a refund in the late evening during Labor Day holiday or a free rolled away bed with two free buffet breakfast since there was no room available with two beds. Was told that I did not book through the hotel so they did not know how much I paid and the price should be the same for one or two beds. The phone was cut off while waiting for the staff to check their record and the staff did not even attempt to call me back. Every step upstairs could be heard and felt. Had to turn off the noisy AC to sleep.The scramble eggs tasted awful and I do not eat meat. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and renovated. Since we often took the Coho Ferry, it has been convenient to stay at this hotel for over a dozen trips in the past but have never experienced this kind of disappointment. The reservation systems between the Trip Advisor and the hotel were far from acceptable. The training of this particular receptionist required some updates.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan L

Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is an old hotel with a great waterfront location. It is aging, however and has maintenance problems. In mid shower, the water stopped running not only in my room but also for another person in a different room. No apologies or adjustments were made by hotel staff.

Room Tip: Stay as close to the office as possible if you want water in your room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DLSWSH

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed over labor day weekend. It's close to everything food, shops,& the water. Beds r cozy. Rooms are clean. Coming back next year. Just wish the restaurant was better. Would recommend this hotel just not the restaurant

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank bettypaige1975

Bettypaige,

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us here at the Redlion Hotel. I'm very sorry for your disappointment with our restaurant. We hope to see you next year and to turn your opinion around!

Cheers!

Namaste' C

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Ask for waterfront room!!!!! It's an Average hotel, rooms smell like old smoke. I know the hotel tries to guarantee non smoking but cannot control the guests! Beds were a little soft, but linens were nice and two separate sinks in clean bathroom. Very good tv. Staff all friendly. Breakfast adequate but buffet eggs tasted reconstituted. Dining room dinner was not good for any of us four.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank happygoingplaces

Karen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! My sincere apologies for the smell of the room, we are a non smoking facility and enforce that to the best of our abilities. I'm also very pleased to hear that our staff was so friendly and that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope to see you again!

Cheers,

Namaste' C

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed at thus property two years ago and rated it very high. The rooms had been renovated and the customer service (front desk and housekeeping) were great. Not so this time.
Last weekend we stayed one night and were disappointed in the service and room. The clerk behind the counter was donee host non committal when it came to checking in early. Which we wee nit able to do. We also had to ask for our bottled waters.
Once inside our ground floor (162) room we surprised to see stains on the carpet...Yuck! When we entered the bathroom there was a dirty wash rag left in the bathtub...Yuck again.
For $ 164 a night we expect better. What happened Red Lion? You were 5 stars in 2012 and now maybe 2 1/2. :-(

Room Tip: Get a waterfront room...the path in front is lovely as is the beautiful water.
1  Thank Bliss62

#15 of 16 in Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Red Lion Hotel Port Angeles? Share your experiences!