“Decent Enough”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Decent Enough”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We pulled into Port Angeles around 9 at night for one night since we were taking the ferry over to Victoria the next day, This place was close to the ferry terminal and we were tired of driving in from Sea-Tac. The front desk clerk was very friendly and offered to let us park our car there for free for the two days we were staying in Victoria. The room was clean, maybe a little dated, but comfortable. No A/C so you need to have a window to open. Price wise I would expect to pay about $25 less than we did, but we didn't want to drive all over looking for a better deal and it seemed like the hotels were filling up even though it was a Tuesday. They do have a free continental breakfast which is very basic. I'd give the place 2 1/2 stars.

Room Tip: Get one with a window that opens.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Victoria
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just a one night store on a road trip and far from our normal class of accommodation. The litmus test...bed comfort and shower pressure were both passes. But this dated. I must challenge the 4 and 5 ratings because if this was in Seattle it would not compete with the Westins or Fairmonts. On the up side staff were very friendly and helpful. Ironically I would critique the concept of a fan being a cooling system except that's what we have at home so it worked for us. Very simple...this is a 2-3 star motel and it sits in the upper range of that class but don't read the reviews and expect anything beyond that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Aloha, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2014

PriceLine usually works well for us. They called this a 3-star hotel. We went through PriceLine in May and could not get a hotel for bid, so we chose to get the express deal, The so-called 3-star hotel is a couple steps below Motel 6. I wouldn't have minded it so much, but when you have asked for a 3-star and get what we got for the same price, it is nothing short of false advertising. Their swimming pool lacked water (I usually consider this essential for swimming pools and it makes jumping in rather painful). It was loaded with construction material and the outside of the pool stored unused furniture. The parking lot was in the back of the rooms adjacent to an alley (no feelings of security there). The curtain was frayed, the door was rusty, the bathroom seat was loose and flimsy, the lamp wouldn't turn on, and the wifi cut out. The exterior was damaged and dumpy looking. I wouldn't go back, but I wouldn't be infuriated if we had come and this was the only motel. However, to bill themselves on Priceline as 3-star is false advertising in my book. I am seeking remedy from Priceline.com and Booking.com, but each is placing blame on the next guy, (ultimately the motel owner) instead of solving the problem. Their representative told me there were no other motel rooms in a 60 mile radius, and we were 3 blocks from the ferry from which we needed to leave in the morning. They called the front desk and asked for him to give me a refund as long as we vacated, to which he finally agreed, but where do we spend the night? I write this as a warning to any Priceline customer who comes to Port Angeles.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mugshotmike

Travellers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Flagstone Motel a few weeks ago for one night to attend a family reunion. We booked our room based on recent reviews of this hotel. We had a total of 3 rooms. My parents' room was the most updated room with nice wood floors. Our room was very cramped with having 2 double beds in an area made for one king bed. There wasn't any room to move around the beds and no windows in the area of the beds. I felt very claustrophobic. The carpet between both beds was wet. There wasn't a closet to hang your clothes. There also wasn't a hair dryer in the room. My sister's room was a suite, but wasn't much larger than our room. It might have been listed as a suite because it kind of had a slight view of the ocean. The deadbolt lock handle on her door broke off and caused them a little of a scare for a minute but they were able to get it to work.
Pros:
New windows
Friendly staff
New flooring
Decent Continental Breakfast
Cons:
See above

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I chose this hotel based on traveler reviews and its proximity to Olympic National Park. We stayed here for two nights while visiting the park. The room and bathroom were clean, which is usually all I am looking for in a hotel. We did not eat the breakfast provided, as there were great breakfast spots in town to try instead. Since we had to check out early in the morning, to drive to the Port Townsend ferry, they printed my receipt the day before leaving and let us drop the key in the dropbox, which was convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for one night on my trip around the Olympic Peninsula. When I arrived the exterior was questionable but the staff was friendly. The room was very tiny but it seemed clean. However, the room reeked of smoke. So I went back to the office and asked why the room smelled like smoke. She said it's probably because the maintenance guy lives in the room next to it. The window in the room was open and it still smelled horrible. I was not willing to pay $115 for a "non-smoking" room that smelt of smoke. The woman was very understanding and voided the payment. Despite the nice staff I would not book a room here again.

Stayed July 2014
Boise
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of its location close to the ferry terminal since we were catching an early ferry to Vancouver Island. The hotel looked very old and our room definitely showed its age though it was clean. They appear to be redoing some of the rooms but it didn't seem as though we had a refurbished room. The walls were very marked up, things like door stops were hanging off, and the vinyl in the bathroom was quite stained. There was a fridge and microwave though we didn't need them. For one night it was okay. We were quite surprised, though, by the price. If it had been half the price I would have given it a higher rating but I thought for the money it was not very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple