“Well...”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Richmond, Virginia
“Well...”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel was fine, given the town and the other hotels in Port Angeles. If I ever came back to Port Angeles (which I probably wouldn't), I would probably splurge on the Olympic Lodge. I didn't book the Olympic Lodge because I thought it was pricey for the amount of time our family would be spending in the room since we were there to see Olympic National Park. That being said, the Flagstone Motel room was okay. I liked that the kids had a separate room and that there were queen sized beds in both rooms. The room was pretty dated but clean and met our needs for the 2 nights we were there. Just as a note, and something I wish I had understood before our trip to Olympic National Park, Port Angeles and the other towns surrounding Olympic National Park (like Forks, La Push and Aberdeen) are NOT what I would consider nice places. They appear to have hit their heyday in the early 1900s and not cleaned up since. You pretty much have to stay in these towns if you plan to spend any time in Olympic National Park (which I certainly recommend), so just be sure your expectations are set fairly low.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RichmondReviewer_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
MPLS
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good location and relatively cheap rooms. Booked three nights here as I could not swallow spending 2x-3x this room rate at the Olympic Lodge. Non smoking room had a odor like it was previously smoked in. Blinds were mildewy and moldy like there had not been enough air circulation. No air conditioning so we had to sleep with the windows open to a very busy noisy street. At least a fan was provided to us. Decent size room and fairly clean. If if was not for the price I probably would have stayed elsewhere. Giving it an average rating due to the proximity of Hurricane Ridge and the price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pbownik
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Driving around the peninsula, we stayed here for two nights. The Flagstone had a good price (relative to the rest of the town's offerings) so we gave it a shot.

The motel had a good central location to the main drag in town, and had easy access to the harbor area and local restaurants.

We had a room on the second floor - the second floor had parking on its own level (behind the motel adjacent to the alley).

The room was really warm - no AC in the room. They do provide a fan, although it was difficult to get a cool breeze working through the room at night - we were hesitant to leave the window open since it led directly to the outside walk.

You get what you pay for here - some of the amenities were missing, like places to hang towels to dry. The outlets were loose, and my power cords kept falling out on their own.

Oviedo, Spain
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were so deceived by the reviews and the webpage of the motel with the sophisticated look of the beds. I simply do not understand how people can give five stars to this place. The rooms are clean. Granted. Other than that, everything else is disappointment. Old rooms, with a view of the mountains in the background and the hotel roof right under your nose, the furniture was at least from the 1970s, the parking gave a sense of insecurity (a back alley) and breakfast consisted of cereals, tinted water and coffee: two tables and four chairs in the reception area while guests came in and out as there was no room to sit or even stand. To be avoided.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We pulled into Port Angeles around 9 at night for one night since we were taking the ferry over to Victoria the next day, This place was close to the ferry terminal and we were tired of driving in from Sea-Tac. The front desk clerk was very friendly and offered to let us park our car there for free for the two days we were staying in Victoria. The room was clean, maybe a little dated, but comfortable. No A/C so you need to have a window to open. Price wise I would expect to pay about $25 less than we did, but we didn't want to drive all over looking for a better deal and it seemed like the hotels were filling up even though it was a Tuesday. They do have a free continental breakfast which is very basic. I'd give the place 2 1/2 stars.

Room Tip: Get one with a window that opens.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just a one night store on a road trip and far from our normal class of accommodation. The litmus test...bed comfort and shower pressure were both passes. But this dated. I must challenge the 4 and 5 ratings because if this was in Seattle it would not compete with the Westins or Fairmonts. On the up side staff were very friendly and helpful. Ironically I would critique the concept of a fan being a cooling system except that's what we have at home so it worked for us. Very simple...this is a 2-3 star motel and it sits in the upper range of that class but don't read the reviews and expect anything beyond that.

Aloha, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2014

PriceLine usually works well for us. They called this a 3-star hotel. We went through PriceLine in May and could not get a hotel for bid, so we chose to get the express deal, The so-called 3-star hotel is a couple steps below Motel 6. I wouldn't have minded it so much, but when you have asked for a 3-star and get what we got for the same price, it is nothing short of false advertising. Their swimming pool lacked water (I usually consider this essential for swimming pools and it makes jumping in rather painful). It was loaded with construction material and the outside of the pool stored unused furniture. The parking lot was in the back of the rooms adjacent to an alley (no feelings of security there). The curtain was frayed, the door was rusty, the bathroom seat was loose and flimsy, the lamp wouldn't turn on, and the wifi cut out. The exterior was damaged and dumpy looking. I wouldn't go back, but I wouldn't be infuriated if we had come and this was the only motel. However, to bill themselves on Priceline as 3-star is false advertising in my book. I am seeking remedy from Priceline.com and Booking.com, but each is placing blame on the next guy, (ultimately the motel owner) instead of solving the problem. Their representative told me there were no other motel rooms in a 60 mile radius, and we were 3 blocks from the ferry from which we needed to leave in the morning. They called the front desk and asked for him to give me a refund as long as we vacated, to which he finally agreed, but where do we spend the night? I write this as a warning to any Priceline customer who comes to Port Angeles.

2 Thank mugshotmike