“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Portland, Oregon
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The Uptown Quality Inn gave excellent value for the price. Very pleasant and helpful staff, quiet and clean room. Breakfast is a lovely perk and they had those great waffles. Cookies available after 4 pm - yum. Great view of the harbor and Puget Sound.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sadianne
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
I want to thank you for placing your review on tripadvisor. I enjoyed your comments and your view of our hotel through your eyes. I'm happy you were welcomed well by our staff.I'm also pleased to know you enjoyed our views, Breakfast , and the cookies! I hope you will visit us on your next trip to Port Angeles.

Liz Conrad & Quality Inn Uptown staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Staff was very friendly and recommended local places to eat and sites to see. The rooms were clean. From where we were you could see most of the downtown area and Vancouver Island. We had a great time and the Crab Festival was great!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
It was a pleasure to read your review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and our annual Crab & Seafood Festival.Thank you for placing your review on tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming your future visits to Port Angeles.

ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The staff at this location were very friendly and most helpful in recommending local eateries and sites to see. While this property is not fancy, the rooms were spacious and the entire facility was spotless. If we travel to this area again we would definitely stay here.

1 Thank emom
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you for placing your review on tripadvisor. I appreciate your praise of our staff and the mention of the cleanliness of our rooms. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future visits to Port Angeles and our hotel.

Matawan, NJ
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This hotel works for an overnight rest & hop to Vancouver Island or to visit the Olympic NP nearby. Rooms are spacious, clean & functional but needs update soon. The walls are thin and you could hear your neighbors very well. But our stay was at the low occupancy period so it did not border us much. Of particular complement is manager Liz who helped me to settle a credit transaction even at two weeks after my stay. Port Angeles is quiet and sleepy, at least at the time of our visit in late September. I guess the town will be busy during the peak Spring-Summer visiting season.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you were happy with our hotel and our service. I personally want to thank you for your compliment and again apologize for the credit card issue you experienced after your stay. I am happy to hear the issue was resolved. I welcome your future visits to Port Angeles and our hotel.

Liz Conrad & Quality Inn Uptown Staff
Surrey
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel which is a standard motel situated in an elevated position above the town with lovely views to Vancouver Island. You can descend directly to the waterfront via a staircase in the cliff. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the rooms were spacious and clean. Perhaps the hotel will need a revamp at some time in the not too distant future, but we enjoyed our stay and woould definitely stay here again. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
I enjoyed reading your review of our hotel on tripadvisor. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for placing a review of our hotel. You described our locations features very well. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our views. I hope to welcome you back for a future visit.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My friend and I spent a night here, then went over to Vancouver Isl. We ended up coming back a day earlier than expected, we we happy to find that they had an opening. Almost all the upstairs rooms have a nice view of the harbor. There are two buildings. The building separate from the office is further from the water and I don't know what that view would be like. The rooms were clean, the beds were decent, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating, and the breakfast was decent. And served from 6:00-9:30 p.m. It's on a quiet street and the rates were better than others in the area. Angeles in is right next door but when I called, the rate was something like 20% higher.

Room Tip: 330, 331, 335 to the end of the 330's all have harbor views in the main building.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit at the Quality Inn Uptown. I appreciate you placing your comments on tripadvisor. I'm pleased you enjoyed our views, our staff, and our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 September 2012

After reading the latest reviews we were a little bit sceptical about what to expect. But we didn't find it bad at all. Okay, the rooms are definately outdated, but they are clean and spacious (we had room #250). The breakfast is good and the people working at the hotel are very friendly en helpfull (they recommended Jasmine Bistro to us, and it was really very good, we had dinner there twice). There is no airconditioning in the rooms, we didn't have a problem with it because we didn't need it the three days we were there but it could be a problem in the Summer. We read about people having problems with the Wifi connection, but we didn't, it worked all three days.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I enjoyed reading your review of our hotel and will share it with our staff. I am pleased to hear you were comfortable during your visit with us.I find it truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our hotel's assets and staff's efforts, and takes the time to place a review.

Liz Conrad & Quality Inn Uptown Staff