“Basic - Needs Renovation”
Review of Quality Inn Uptown

Quality Inn Uptown
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was traveling and in town for a meeting the following day. We arrived at 9 PM and could not find a desk clerk so we could check in. After more than 5 mnutes, someone finally showed up and got us checked in. He was barely interested that we were checking in -- he just pointed in the direction of our room.

We stayed in a 300 level room, which seemed to be the ground level. Those rooms are set at an angle so your window provides a view of the waterfront. Good idea. There is a small table with chairs so you can sit and see the view.

The room is bare bones and needs an update. Everything is old. The refrigerator was not cold and we could not find a way to turn the temperature down to cool it off.

The room was good sized and clean. Our room was a king bed. The carpet is old. The bathroom is small. Hot water was sufficient. Heating is by electric baseboard. There is no air conditioning. There was a fan stashed in the bathroom. The bed was reasonably comfortable, though did sag a bit.

The hotel is two buildings, set kitty-corner from each other at an intersection. This is a little confusing when arriving in the dark and fog. Parking seems to be a premium. The other building houses "double queens and king suites."

There is a free wi-fi but the connection speed is glacial (SLOW).

The complimentary breakfast is adequate though depleted often. The front desk clerk doubles as the "cook" and janitor, so you may very well have to wait while something is restocked. Also, the seating is cramped, so once you enter the line for food, you are stuck until someone moves on. Since the waffle station is mid way through the line, people stand there waiting for their waffle and you can't move on.

The clerk at check-out (who was also handling breakfast) was helpfful and courteous. She was the very first Choice Hotels employee to thank me for being a member.

All-in-all, I would use the place for short stays, like overnight, especially is staging yourself for the ferry to Victoria, but I'd look for another place for longer stays.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest;
Thank-you for placing your comments on tripadvisor. Our guest comments are highly valued. They reveal how guests see our hotel through their eyes. It is unfortunate there was no desk clerk at the front desk when you arrived. I am researching the lack of staff when you arrived. Perhaps they were helping another of our guests with luggage or performing a routine security walk at our hotel.I apologize for your wait and inconvenience.

Our Buildings are numbered by buildings not floors and you truely have my apologies for any confusion this may have caused. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the view your room offered.

Our refrigerators are much more like coolers than refrigerators. They may not be as cold as your refrigerator at home, I am having my Maintenance Technician check all refrigerator temperatures in our first floor rooms. Adjustments will be made as needed. We are updating our WIFI speed now. I hope this will prevent the problem you experienced in the future.

It appears during your stay our hotel was 100% occupied unexpectantly, it is unfortunate we did not have a dedicated Breakfast Attendant at that time, not our usual staffing.Our Waffle station is located at the end of our Breakfast Bar however, I appreciate your comments. We may need to add an extra waffle station to prevent the slow-down you experienced.

I hope you will consider us the next time your travels bring you to Port Angeles. We have room to grow and will strive to meet the needs of our guests!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Thank you, Liz and your staff for taking such good care of my visiting family and friends from Texas! You provided them excellent "views with a room," and they were well pleased with them. They also enjoyed the morning breakfasts and your hospitality! And as others have noted, the QI is close to everything in P.A. And thanks too for the upgrades and the great values you provided. They'll be back!

Room Tip: The rooms nearest the Laurel Street Stairs will provide the better harbor views. The rooms in the an...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

The pleasure was ours! We love meeting new friends and welcoming visitors to Port Angeles. We genuinely love our area! I am very pleased to hear your family and friends enjoyed their visit to our hotel and Port Angeles. We look forward to their return.Thank you for placing your review on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Six of us travelled from Victoria for an overnight on December 1st. We originally booked for 5 rooms and were given a pretty good rate based on the 5 rooms. When we arrived we only needed 3 rooms but the original reduced rate was honoured.

The weather was miserable, rainy and not much fun for walking - can't blame that on the hotel.

Breakfast was ample and nobody should have gone away hungry.

Rooms were clean & tidy.

I expect I will return for a weekend sometime when the warmer weather comes and arrange to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim F
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in spite of the rainy weather. We look forward to welcoming you back when the weather is better.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We had the corner room, 341, and had a complete view of the harbor (through some fog;) It had a large king bed, table, refrigerator, and was very clean and nice. The staff when we checked in and out were tremendous and the breakfast was a great start to our day. It was located just up the hill from some main streets with wonderful little shops and restaurants! Excellent value and great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kc_beadle
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

View with a room! Room with a View! We are very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Room #341. I appreciate your great comments about our staff, breakfast, view and the Port Angeles area. Thank you for placing your review on tripadvisor and Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Turned up with no booking at a busy time. Was taken care of and given a lovely room with grate view over Port Angeles. The room was pleasant enough with large comfortable bed, however, it was in need of sprucing up a bit with a little tlc. Saying that, for the rate I was charged it was on par with a lot more expensive motels, It was in a central area, within walking distance of the town. Would stay again and recommend it

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you for placing your review on tripadvisor. I enjoyed your comments about the view from your room and our location. I appreciate your future reccommendations of our hotel. We look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We booked a room for one night at the quality inn in port angeles. We found the room clean, comfortable and the staff very friendly. Beautiful views of the harbor and mountains from the hotel room. Thank you Kimberley for the attention you gave us, the help with our itinerary, etc. You made our stay all the more pleasant. We enjoyed the town of Port Angeles too. Spent a pleasant few hours roaming around and went to the "next door" cafe in the evening for drinks, eats and music. Unfortunately Hurricane Ridge was closed, but we enjoyed the rest of our stay in Olympic National Park. I would definitely recommend the Quality Inn in Port Angeles.

Room Tip: Just decide if you want to see the water or mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Wow! What a great review ! Thank you for placing your review of our hotel on tripadvisor. It was especially nice to read your kind comments about Kimberley.Your comments will be shared with Kimberley and all our staff. It is unfortunate the road to Hurricanre Ridge was closed during your visit. Perhaps you will return to our area again in the future and have a chance to enjoy Hurricane Ridge at that time. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Liz Conrad, Kimberley, and all the Quality Inn staff

Reviewed 23 October 2012

The Uptown Quality Inn gave excellent value for the price. Very pleasant and helpful staff, quiet and clean room. Breakfast is a lovely perk and they had those great waffles. Cookies available after 4 pm - yum. Great view of the harbor and Puget Sound.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sadianne

I want to thank you for placing your review on tripadvisor. I enjoyed your comments and your view of our hotel through your eyes. I'm happy you were welcomed well by our staff.I'm also pleased to know you enjoyed our views, Breakfast , and the cookies! I hope you will visit us on your next trip to Port Angeles.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
#4 of 16 in Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Quality Inn Uptown? Share your experiences!