“Overpriced and time for an update”
Review of Quality Inn Uptown

Quality Inn Uptown
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Olympia, WA
“Overpriced and time for an update”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I'm rating this hotel a three only because the employees are great and the keep it clean. Pros: the breakfast was good and the attendant was exceptionally hard working. She kept it spotless and well-stocked. The location was good. Just a staircase down the hill to downtown and close to safeway. Cons: the carpets and curtains in the room were ancient. It smelled a little and there was no a/c, but there was a small fan in the room. Bathroom was pink (circa 1950?) But it was clean. Three stories and no elevator, which made it tough for our senior family member. I loved the shower, but my daughters could not get consistent temperature--it was either freezing or hot. There is no fan but the bathroom faces the walkway. So you can open the window to air it out but be sure you are dressed because if you do people can look right in at you. I know one reviewer said she paid $98. We paid $150 with AAA in the height of summer. It was too much. Oh and the curtains do nothing to block out the massive lights they have lighting up the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you can't climb stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Coug1984
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We value all our guests opinions.I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast service. I am unhappy to hear you had issues with your guestroom and it's location. Unfortunately our hotel is not a new hotel, and we do not have elevators. I am surprised you had issues with the water temperature in your guestroom. My maintenence department is looking into this issue to prevent other guests from experiencing this issue.
Quality Inn Uptown & staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Well when we arrived the hotel was full so we were given a room in their overflow motel property. ok, to get ice you have to go across the street, the remote batteries were dead, the sink didn't drain, and when I took out the extra blanket I was shocked! On the bright side this is close to downtown and the ferries to Canada. but not worth 140 a night!

Room Tip: don't stay in they overflow rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Please reserve a room in the future at the Quality Inn Uptown in July and August. This is a busy time of the year in our area. My research shows that you did not stay at the Quality Inn Uptown however we were able to find you a room at another hotel the Uptown Inn. I apologize that you were not totally happy with your room accomodations.This is not an overflow room but rather a seperate hotel. I would like to invite you to a future stay at the Quality Inn Uptown in the future with an advance reservation during our busy season. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to place your reservation for your next visit in the Port Angeles area.

Travellers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Los Osos, California
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a repeat of many reviews for this location, I'll try and add a little different. We stayed here because it was the best price with a known name brand, $98pn for Tues/Wed nights. There isn't a lot to choose from here, PRO's- ALL the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and care about you, from check in, to the girls working breakfast and cleaning the rooms. They seem to take pride in this, very nice to see. The location of the place is very quiet and just a 5 min walk right below the property to downtown. Our room was upstairs and looked and smelled clean. Refrigerator inside which is nice as Safeway is 3 blocks away. The breakfast was good, hot waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, the basic needed stuff like everywhere USE to have. CON's- very basic things that are easy to replace are not being done here, the floor lamps, bathroom lights/fixtures, and towel rods are all cleaned, but about 30% rusted and pitted, and look like there from the early 90's, as are the wall pics. The light bulb strip over the bathroom sink took about a minute before they warmed up enough to be bright. that's pretty bad. There isn't a/c in any rooms, so if it gets warm and muggy (which it does in summer) be prepared for that. having said this, we didn't have issues with any of it, it's old but very clean. For $98 a night though, these things should be replaced a few rooms at a time or else lower the rates. We would look elsewhere for a b&b type place next time. Something one should be aware of while out in the town, there is a problem with street drugs here (meth), and even a few prostitutes up around the Safeway and the general port area. Be aware of keeping things out of sight in your car, and be aware of your surroundings. We didn't have an issue, but it appears to be a problem here.

Room Tip: Thin walls and floors, ask for a room upstairs (no elevator)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
We appreciate you placing your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed many features of our hotel, our staff, location,breakfast, and room cleanliness. The issue you experienced with our vanity lights was due to our use of CFL - energy efficient bulbs, they do light slowly. We are working on an answer to stay energy efficient and produce better lighting in our bathroom area.We value your opinions and share these with all staff members. I apologize that aspects of your stay were rough, but note we are working to make sure that all future guests will have a great experience. We are in the planning stages of improving our rooms with updated renovations this fall.
Whidbey Island, WA
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is an older Quality Inn that probably needs a little updating, but the stay was very pleasant. The room was large and the location was perfect. The walk down the park stairs takes you right to the heart of downtown Port Angeles. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. All the staff was helpful, very nice and all around great. I did get amused about the saloon doors that separated the tub/toilet area from the sink. It wasn't a bad thing, just a little dated. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us and placing your review on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our location. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff. We are in the process of planning updated features in our guest rooms. I hope you will visit us again in the future and enjoy the changes we are making.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 July 2013

dont expect quality, but as a very basic accomodation, this motel will do ok.the rooms are ok and well equiped. the beds were ok, but the sofabed was not very comfy. the biggest problem was a bad smell coming from the carpets. you get used to it but its not pleasant.location is great - just a few steps from the main street with all the restaurants.and last, it is definately over priced. if it was $100 or so it would be fine, but at $179, I would go somewhere else next time.

QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for placing your review on TripAdvisor. All guest comments are important to us. I am sorry to hear you experienced an odor issue in your room. I have discussed the problem with my housekeeping and maintenance staff and every effort has been made to ensure the problem has been solved. We are currently researching additional options for comfortable sofa beds. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location.

Liz Conrad & Quality Inn Uptown staff
Indian Shores, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Quality Inn, Port Angeles, WA
I booked the ocean view room and we have a room on the second floor. The rooms face outside on to a common walkway much like a motel. The room is clean and a good size. The place is OK but lacks the polish of some of the other Qualities. The light fixture in the bathroom, the towel rack and the clothes hanger are rusted. The sink has cracks in it. Some of the furnishings are a little dated. A little TLC and this place could be better. The bed was OK but a bit hard for me.
The reception and breakfast area are typical Quality style. Jeremy checked us in and he was very efficient. The breakfast was the usual Choice fare and the attendant kept things filled. The been a better coffee served of late and it is hot!
There were quite a few Canadians when we there I can only imagine it is because of the proximity to the port for B.C.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have better views. No elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to learn that you had some maintenance issues in your room. I appreciate your feedback and have discussed many of these issues with our maintenance department. We are in the planning stages of exciting renovations for the fall. New sinks and bathroom vanities are part of our plans.
I am delighted to hear you were pleased with the Breakfast Attendants attentiveness to keeping food well stocked. Thank you also for your kind words regarding Jeremy.
We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts . We kindly invite you to visit our hotel again and I'm sure you will enjoy the improvements we are making.

Liz Conrad & Quality Inn Uptown staff
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We booked this room passing through Port Angeles on an extended trip. When we arrived, the staff suggested a restaurant that met just what we asked for and was very good. Our room was well-cared for and had a good supply of pillows and towels. The hotel is situated with marvelous views of the water and is well-located to the quaint downtown area.
Every staff person we met was very friendly and courteous and this hotel just had a general uplifting feeling as a result.
If I am ever back in Port Angeles, I will most certainly stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
QIPA, General Manager at Quality Inn Uptown, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review of our hotel! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I especially enjoyed reading and sharing your kind words about the uplifting feeling you experienced during your stay. My staff joins me in thanking you for your kind words. We hope you will visit Port Angeles and our hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
#5 of 16 in Port Angeles
Royal Victorian Motel
Royal Victorian Motel
#6 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Quality Inn Uptown? Share your experiences!