“Great bargain and nice room. Excellent shower! Thanks!”
Review of Aircrest Motel

and 1 more site!
Aircrest Motel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great bargain and nice room. Excellent shower! Thanks!”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We had been camping in the area and were taking a ferry to Victoria the next morning. Agree that the office smelled like smoke but our room was clean and well maintained even though old. Incredible shower with major water pressure. This served our needs and we felt the motel had a lot of character. The area doesn't look that great but we felt safe. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I have little to add that hasn't already been said -- and nothing positive. Walked in the lobby and was overwhelmed by cigarette smoke, which prompted me to confirm that our room was n/s, which thankfully it was. The exterior can only be described as grungy. The stairway to the second level was carpeted and I don't think it had ever seen a vacuum cleaner or a broom. When we got to the room, it was chapter two -- there was lint all over the carpet. Too bad, because they have spent some money upgrading the place with new carpet and tile. So, owner, protect your investment! Other than the carpet being dirty, the room was decent. But I would not stay here again. The place is a downer -- depressing, tired, and run down. There are too many other choices in the town. This experience makes me rethink the need to have advance reservations. Next time I'll take my chances and see what else is out there that I can see in person beforehand rather than taking a chance on a fifth-rate property like this one.

Room Tip: Probably no such thing at this place
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Bad selection of Carpet Blue shows every piece of lint. Carpet also has white thread backing and some of those white threads jump out at you like it was not vacuumed.l

Travellers are raving about these Port Angeles hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My 2 friends and I stayed at Aircrest in July 2010 from Australia as it was cheap and well located, we didnt expect much from Aircrest but were pleasantly surprised. We had a large room with 2 queen beds & 2 large flat screens. We even found it amusing that everytime you rolled over the plastic matress cover crinkled. The only dampner was 2 of us getting sick from eating Jack in a Box. But it is walking distance to fast foods, Walgreens and a laundromatt. I plan on taking my partner in August this year and we will be staying at Aircrest. The place has character.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Kirschweiler
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Hello

My parents and I stayed 2 nights here during our US/Canada Vacation this year. We choosed the Motel ,because of the price.. It was cheap, so I know I would not get a 3 star Hotel. The owner was friendly and I could send a envelope for me to there. Ther was free Internet, which was fine. The building was old and worn. The room with the reception was so dirty. Our room was better, but not that clean. The size was Ok for this price. The breakfeast items (food) were old.

Anne

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The Aircrest is a '60's style two-story motel which has been reasonably maintained and somwhat updated. It offers acceptably clean and comfortable rooms to budget travelers who are visiting nearby Olympic National Park. The motel is located near the eastern end of downtown between the two streets that form highway 101. It is one block east of the entrance road to the park.

In spite of a no-smoking policy, the rooms do smell a bit of residual smoke (possibly from weekly guests who usually smoke outside), but this odor is not so noticeable after the first few minutes. Hallways are outdoors, so curtains must remain closed. The bathrooms have tub/shower combos, with a sink and dressing area adjacent. Climate control is by below-window units that worked well. The cable TV is flat screen with several dozen channels. The phone was the only part of my room that needed better cleaning.

There is no surcharge for toll-free calls, wi-fi is free (I did not try it), and there is a free internet computer in the lobby for guests. There is also a modest but welcome cold breakfast in the lobby each morning. At less than fifty dollars per night , my queen bed room was a bargain for Port Angeles in high season.

If you are traveling on a budget and are not a style maven, I recommend this value-priced option in a town where most motels cost twice as much.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank efsch
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 18 September 2009

You are greeted by a rather gruff live-in manager in a room that reeks of cigarette smoke. that sort of sets the tone. The place is right next door to Walgreens and is in between the two major roads going in and out of town. Definitely now a view property... I had booked a queen and was told "it's actually a double, that's why the rate was reduced online." Well, OK, but why not call it a double online then? When I got to the room, I actually mistook the flat screen TV for a picture on the wall because it was so small. Tiny! Room was very sparse and mattress was a well worn brick. On a positive note, it is about as close to the Hurricane Ridge access road as you can get in PA. It's a cheap roadside motel and there are a lot of them in PA. It's fine if you have low expectations, but there are a number of far superior options that show better management.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank MrFrugalTravelGuy
PA
Reviewed 19 August 2009

a little smelly, not of smoke though, but fine after that. aired out the room with the fan and isn't too terrible. the other motels for the same price looked far scarier. TV and Internet good.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple