“Good place, good price”
Review of Aircrest Motel

Aircrest Motel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was small but in good shape. I couldn't get the wifi to work, but there was a decent fridge. The bed was comfortable, the owner was nice, and the location was good. It's next to a Walgreens and a good breakfast place. My only notable gripe was that the soap wasn't replaced from day to day. The bars are thin and are basically gone in two showers. I would stay here again.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The check in man was nice- not overly so, just nice.
Down hill from there, the lobby and room was filthy. Room floors had not been vacuumed in a while, moldy tub,sticky surfaces.
I looked in the breakfast room at nearly 5PM, there was dirty dishes, food left out, ie; sausage sitting on counter was room temp, guessing it went into a breakfast sandwich the next AM. Floor , tables counters were just gross, I am a farmer-not a neat freak,this place was dirty, I would not even touch a cup of coffee from there.
Even at the low price it was not good.

Room Tip: It is cheap, if you are lucky you get clean sheets and towels.
1  Thank westernskylover
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Can't figure out why guest was in the breakfast room at 5pm as it is not open to the guests. First of all food is never left out on the counter tops unless we are in the process of preparing for breakfast. Guest mentioned Breakfast Sanwitches are very popular and over 1500 have been prepared and served to our guests this summer. We must be doing something right. Breakfast is free of charge. We are the only motel in our category that offers a continental breakfast. Comment about sheets and towels is unfounded. Our facility is inspected and licensed by the Clallam County Department of Health and we follow the guidelines as set by them. Breakfast is only served during the summer months

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I feel the owner is getting a hard time from someone here. It's not 5 star luxury, you're paying motel prices so expect a motel and you'll do fine. Rooms were clean, bathroom was fine, bit of mildew around the caulking but nothing terrible. Breakfast was decent - cereal, milk, pastries, coffee. Could have done with some bread for toasting. Seating area was small but people milled in and out OK. WiFi and DirecTV in rooms. Road noise a bit audible, but personally I find it helps me sleep, like white noise. No noise from other guests, so had a great night's sleep.

Only suggestion for improvement would be a fridge in the room.

For the price, very happy with this pick prior to our ferry trip to Canada.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This place reminded me of a hotel that you pay by the hr. Dirty sticky bathroom floor and desktop, dirt stuck to shower walls, dirty soap dish, bathroom had 1 of 4 vanity lights out, toilet makes a bubbling noise and suds come up into toilet. The room and bed shakes. No clock, located right off of route 101 – very noisy, very small outdated room. WiFi and TV were the only good things.
Breakfast was a mess. Packaged pastry/muffins, owner makes egg McMuffins days ahead and stores them in a refrigerator for you to reheat in a microwave. The room is very small; seats 4, supplies are thrown all over the place.
You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike_Drummer
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been staying at the Aircrest for 10 years now and have always found it to be clean and tidy. Its close to anywhere you want to go in the Olympics and I have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it to anyone traveling out that way. A great value!

1  Thank Melvin P
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My finance picked this place for the close proximity to the state park. That is the only thing going for this hotel.

This hotel is extremely out of date and sketchy. It's located on a loud road, with odd neighbors which I think live there, and no deadbolt on the door. The doors are also situated in an odd way. You first feel at home when you read the sign about how towels are inventoried so if you steal them or stain them you get charged.

This hotel is not clean at all. There were hunks of hair on our sheets but to top it off there were nail clippings in the air conditioning. After I saw that we booked another hotel to stay at for the night. Unfortunately, we couldn't check out in the evening because the receptionist leaves at 6 pm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dreamergirl4686
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Motel is filled with tourists this time of year, there are no long term guests...Owner is on the property 24 hours a day and the office is never locked. There is no signs having to do with towels and we have no clue what they are talking about. We believe there is more to this story than we will ever know., Nothing was brought to our attention during the stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is not a 4-star hotel, so I think it's unfair to hold it to those standards. Port Angeles is an town where all the motels are pricey, yet Aircrest is MUCH less expensive than the others. While I haven't stayed in the other 2-star motels in town, this place looks very comparable to the online photos of the other motels. The breakfast is basic but certainly adequate, as are the rooms. The WiFi was free and reliable, and the rooms have DirecTV with HBO. Aside from some mildew in the tub/shower area, our room was quite clean. It appears that the walls have been painted recently, and the windows replaced. It seems like they are gradually replacing and updating the room, though it is a work in progress. Overall I was satisfied and happy to have saved so much money over the other 2-star motels I could've stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lahapa
aircrest, Owner at Aircrest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank You for your comments. I think you described our facility very well.