All reviewsdonut shopstreet noiseensuite batheasy choiceno elevatorstay there againcharming hotelwindow facingconvenient locationstayed two nightsrestaurants and shopsblackball ferryrooms are largeplace to sleepnothing fancyvictoriaport
Reviewed 11 June 2012

When you walk in the hotel there is a smell that comes from the carpet. It was very old and gross. We were a little unsure of of staying there from the smell.
The man at that desk said my price quote was wrong, but did adjust the price for us without much trouble.
Our room (10) was a total surprise after walking through the lobby. It was bright and sunny. The room was also huge! It was pretty clean, although it also had the awful carpet. Awesome views of the ferry and water.
Overall it was a great value, if you can overlook the lobby.

Room Tip: Get room 10 if you do not want to share a bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tara S
Reviewed 8 May 2012

If you are looking for a good night's sleep, and require privacy and quiet, this may not be the best place.

The room doors have no sound dampening or device to prevent being slammed. Bathrooms are down the hall, and obviously all night doors are slamming.

Walls are thin, and conversations echo throughout the building.

Rates well for warm and dry, though cannot say it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank reviewer322
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel and I enjoy it quite immensely. I was originally only going to stay here for one of my nights on my Port Angeles itinerary, but it was an easy choice to decide to stay here a few extra nights. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the rooms and bathrooms are amazingly clean and Tim at the front desk is beyond polite and helpful. In regards to previous entries regarding the noise, yes you can hear the occasional door but to be honest, after I stopped myself from actually listening FOR any kind of noise, I haven't even noticed any noise.
Any trips I take in the future to Port Angeles, I have absolutely no doubt that I am going to be staying at the Downtown Hotel.

Room Tip: Just describe to Tim or anyone at the front desk what you are looking for and they'll do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ray_SingerIsland
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. it is simple, in a good Location, the shared bathrooms are very clean. I will be back next time i am in the area for sure!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thegringaandthetico
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Thank the lord I only stayed there one night! If it wasn't so cheap I wouldn't have stayed there. The walls were super thin. It was pretty hard to ignore the "lovely" sounds the couple were making the next room over. It felt like a hostel. Anywhere from children to drunks running up and down the halls. I'll never stay there again. However, It was a good value and very clean.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo