Port Angeles Downtown Hotel
US$112
Quality Inn Uptown(Port Angeles)
US$120
US$116
QualityInn
US$83
Travelocity
Port Angeles Inn(Port Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$94
All View Motel(Port Angeles)
US$60
Riviera Inn(Port Angeles)
US$49
Royal Victorian Motel(Port Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$61
Flagstone Motel(Port Angeles)
US$55
Olympic Lodge(Port Angeles)
US$161
Agoda.com
Angeles Motel(Port Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$55
All reviewsprivate bathroomdonut shopbring earplugsferry to victoriastreet noiseeasy choiceno elevatorstay there againcharming hotelwindow facingconvenient locationolympic discovery trailrestaurants and shopsrooms are largeplace to sleepnothing fancystayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

terrific gem of a place. no frills, no thrills. basics, simply the best of the basics. clean room, great bed, decent pillows, television. good wifi connection (always a plus). minimal furniture.

what was disconcerting, was when we needed another towel. no one was to be seen at the desk. didn't want o disturb the manager on duty for just a towel, so i snagged one from an open room waiting to receive its guests.

there should be a sign hanging in a conspicuous place reminding residents that other guests may be early to bed or sleeping in...and that sounds in the hallway and door closures travel only too well. and others are not interested in your conversations :).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmc50
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Its the best location for the price, right downtown! Red lions a couple blocks away was charging 3x as much. Yes its one of those shared bathroom places, we stayed there for 2nights. Nothing fancy about the room, you get your own sink and the bed was comfy. The bathrooms and the room were clean. Used the shower and it was fine, lots of bathrooms to choose from, never had to wait for one. Staff were nice. The front desk person was barely there, i think they cleaned the rooms too though. But were easy to get a hold of with a phone left on the desk you can use to call them. We had a room with the window facing the street, very early in the morning the trucks going by were pretty loud. We got used to it since we are good sleepers but if you're a light sleeper get a room on the other side. Theres a doughnut place right next door, delicious and the coffee is the best around the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cardom1127
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am baffled by prior reviews giving such high star ratings, don't be fooled like me. I had a very poor experience on my second trip to the Downtown Hotel. The first time I stayed was shortly after the hotel opened. My first visit I was surprised by the low rate and how clean the hotel was. My entire family stayed and all were impressed by how clean the rooms were.

This time was NOT the same at all. My husband and I reserved a room using the shared bath, our friends had a neighboring room with on suite. Upon arrival the room appeared clean, however, it didn't take much time to see that the hotel does not have true housekeeping.

What were the major flaws?

The comforter cover had several crusted stains...yes, I did say crusted. I don't want to imagine what that could have been. I threw the cover off right away. Next, the sheets appeared to be the same ones from my visit over seven years ago. They were dingy looking with stains that never came out, they were no longer white, the sheets were a dirty greyish color now. The final major issue were the pillows. Each bed had two pillows that were beyond flat. This of course led me to take off the pillow case (which was on wrong side out) off to see what I would be sleeping on. The pillow was stained and dark yellow. We arrived late so finding a new hotel was not an option, we were catching an early morning boat to Victoria, so I had to make the best of it. The actual comforter was clean, so we ended up sleeping on top of the comforter with towels over the pillows, as did our friends.

Additional oversights kept adding up as the stay went on. The doors need a serious scrubbing with a magic eraser to remove the dirt, the rooms need dusted to remove the cob webs, and the bathrooms repair. The shower I used had mold in the caulking and the wall above was peeling.

I won't be back, even though the man at the front desk was very friendly. It doesn't make up for the dingy room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mypnwlife
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent one night in this hotel with 2 other friends before visiting the Butchart gardens. Our friends had visited the place before and were very enthusiastic about it finding it very "funky". When we discovered the building we had some doubts. We got a suite for 4 persons. Our friends spent the night in the biggest bedroom (which looked like a living room) while we stayed in the tiny bedroom next to it which smelled a bit. We had to go through their bedroom to get to the bathroom which may be inconvenient if you need to get up at night. We could hardly sleep because the guest next door was watching TV until very late and we could hear every word of the movie. Of course we had no ear plugs. We nevertheless had a private bathroom (to share with our friends) what most of the rooms don't have. The suite was clean. The room was cheap.The receptionist was very friendly. The parking lot and the ferry terminal were very close. We would definitely go back to this hotel for one night and with ear plugs!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank amk54
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here in August on a trip to the Olympic Peninsula. Hotel was just what we were looking for - a comfortable place to stay. We choose a room with the shared bathrooms which are just down the hall from the guest rooms. Our room was quite simple although we were pleased to find a sink and mirror in our room for getting ready in the morning and evening. All in all, good value for the price. Only complaint was the wifi was a bit weak, likely because we were in a room at the end of the hall from the router.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends