“Romantic, quiet getaway”

A Hidden Haven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 14 Port Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2008

My husband and I spent our second wedding anniversary at A Hidden Haven, and were so glad we did! We stayed in the Woodland Retreat cottage, which is beautifully appointed with wood accents and beautiful river rock. We really appreciated the quietness of staying in the woods, and I was thankful to sleep through the night for the first time in ages due to the peace. I really enjoyed having my morning coffee on the deck while listening to the local birds and squirrels. The grounds are beautiful, and it was an easy drive to Neah Bay and Forks. -Bonny and Kirk, Blaine WA

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2008

My girlfriend lives out of state and was visiting and we decided to get away for one night. A Hidden Haven had availability when many other places were booked. Surprising because this was such a great place. A little out of the way in a wooded natural area. We had a fantastic day visiting Hurricane ridge and dungeness which are close by. It was also a fantastic romantic night and the jazcuzzi was really nice. I really wanted a jacuzzi or bath since my girlfriend loves them. This was a really important occasion for us and a hidden haven perfectly fit our expectations. Even though I live in Seattle I felt like I was transported to another place faraway -- of course the company helped too.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Excellent place to stay. Located just outside of Olympic National Park - this pristine B&B has it all (except breakfast!).

Gorgeous room, friendly owners, beautiful grounds. We stayed in the "bear in the woods" cabin. It was well appointed and fabulously clean. Top of the line linens, furniture, TV, gas fireplace, jetted tub....it really was perfect.

Worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2008

My family loved the cottage and surrounding woods, creek,ponds,trails and animals that the kids could feed.
Hidden Haven is well-run and immaculate with every ammenity.
We were able to BBQ our dinner and enjoy it on our deck in
perfect privacy. The jacuzzi tub was a favorite with us all. It is heart shaped and in a big bathroom lit by sky lights! Trout, koi and deer are hand fed. The owner, Jodi is friendly and
attentive. It is five minutes from a great beach and close to Hurricane ridge and other outdoor activites. We just got home and can hardly wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank aimeesmom
Reviewed 8 March 2008

We stayed here for one night on a driving trip around the Olympic Peninsula. Once here we wish we could have stayed longer. The cottages were cozy and very nicely decorated. The heart-shaped jacuzzi tub was a nice romantic touch. Each cottage is set back into the forest so you really feel like you're in the middle of nowhere.

Chris and Jodi have done such a nice job with landscaping the grounds - everything is just so lovely. Judging from other guest comments in their guest book, this place is very popular with honeymooners and we can definitely see why!

I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a romantic getaway in lovely settings. This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2007

My fiance booked this trip for a fall season getaway, and I had not taken a peak at the website, so this was a great surprise. We took the Edmonds-Kingston auto ferry so that we could explore a bit. We enjoyed Port Townsend and took our time driving to A Hidden Haven, so we arrived there after dark. I had no idea that we'd be tucked away in our own cottage, which had everything that I could want. And the cinnamon rolls that were part of our breakfast may have been the best in the world. We wanted to see as much as we could in a few days, so we, of course, traveled around the peninsula a bit and took tons of pictures at the Hoh. But I think I most enjoyed hearing Chris's tales of his many years fishing in Alaska. Jodi and Chris have had adventures galore, and their experiences added to our visit. And guests will enjoy the amazing Asian Deer and the peacock in addition to the beauty of the grounds. I'd love to see this place again in the spring and summer.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bisja01
Reviewed 4 August 2007

My son and I just returned from a 3 night stay at this oustanding B&B just outside of the Olympic Naitonal Park in Port Angeles, Washington. This fantastic B&B is just to the west of Port Angeles and serves as a central location to explore ONP. The location was far enough out of Port Angeles to be considered out of the city, but not so far away that a quick trip into town was an imposition. The cottage we stayed in was the Woodland Retreat Cottage. It was immaculately clean and appeared to be about one year old. It was situated beneath huge trees and had a delightful porch that was frequented by humming birds and a friendly chipmunk. Only one other cottage can be seen from this unit. The cottage was extremely well equipped including a HDTV and a ridiculously comfortable king size bed. An added plus was that the convertible sofa that my son slept on was actually comfortable, the first one I have ever seen . The secret was it had an inflatable mattress. There are four sky lights in the unit wich allowed for natural lighting. The screened windows opened easily to let the cool mountain air in.

Upon our arrival there was fresh fruit, juice, milk, bread and most important to my son fresh cookies waiting for us. The kitchen was well equipped. The grounds were beautiful and the tame deer were an added bonus.

It was extremely quiet at all times with only rare road noise, but none so loud as to be distracting. The price was high but in terms of value it was well worth the price.

There were so many positive factors that it is hard to list them all. An oustanding place for some quiet time in the woods.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Sea Cliff Gardens Bed & Breakfast

Been to A Hidden Haven Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!