“Do not waste your money”
Review of Olympic Lodge

Olympic Lodge
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Told us that breakfast is free upon check-in (under corporate deal) and end up charging it. They were unable to clarify that why the front office attendant told us that its free. No explanation, whatsoever.
Did not change the sheets and pillow covers for 5 days. Worse customer service. We were planning to stay another week in a coming month but not there is no way. They lost our business for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank RajeevMonga
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

I'm very sorry there was evidently a misunderstanding about our restaurant. We have not offered a complimentary breakfast option to any of our guests in several years. Our menu is clearly priced, our servers deliver a check to each table, and all of our staff know that there are no complimentary breakfast deals available. Additionally, our housekeeping staff changes sheets and pillow cases in stayover rooms every 3 days--if they somehow missed your room, I apologize and I wish we had heard about it before you checked out so we could correct that mistake. Being the premier hotel in the peninsula, we strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, and I'm very sorry that didn't happen in this case.

There are newer reviews for Olympic Lodge

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Me and my family flew all the way from Hawaii to Washington state to visit the "Olympic National Park". My experience with Olympic Lodge was wonderful. The front desk was "Emily", she was cute, helpful and friendly. It was a nice experience even though the hurricane ridge was closed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank walterpan
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We love it when our Front Desk Agents do such a good job that their names get mentioned in a review. Thank you again, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Nice clean quiet comfortable hotel. Easily the nicest place to stay in Port Angeles. The lobby is really nice, large fire, comfy leather chairs. My room was big, clean and very quiet. Actually, the place was sold out and it was dead quiet. Think nursing home quiet! My rate was $109, and considering it was in the off season I thought it was a little pricey. The only downsides were the TV was old and outdated and there is no free breakfast! They offer breakfast in the morning but it was really expensive.

Room Tip: I was on the west side away from the street
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tooblackdogs
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel! Due to feedback like yours, we are upgrading our televisions starting next month to offer flat screens with HD channels! We are committed to providing world-class lodging on the Olympic Peninsula, and I hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

The lodge is right off Rt 101 and close to great local restaurants, as well as the Olympic National Park visitors center. The rooms at the front have a view of the sound, the rooms at the back have a view of Mt Angeles. The rooms are cozy and very clean. The bathrooms are modern and also very clean. The common areas are comfortable and beautifully decorated. An overall great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank TheFreys
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us--feedback that shows us what we are doing right is always great to hear. Thank you again, and we hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is definitely the place to stay considering the other options. They have a nice outdoor pool and spa. Lobby is beautiful. Room was quite comfortable and roomy. Huge King bed, sitting area and big desk. Lots of storage and drawers to spread out. Liked that the power room and bathroom was separate. Aided in getting everyone ready in the morning.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mkcheather1
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel. We're always looking for feedback that helps us earn that 5 star review, so feel free to contact us and let us know what we could have done to make your stay more perfect!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Olympic Lodge is a nice place, a couple miles to the east from the center of the town. The lobby is beautiful, staff is friendly, rooms are large and clean -- overall, great value for the money. It is, quite possibly, indeed the best hotel in Port Angeles as stated by TripAdvisor.

The hotel's restaurant, however, is not. I came down for a breakfast at 7:15am, and my order was promptly taken. At 7:45am the food still wasn't ready (despite the fact that only two other tables were occupied at the time), and it was only a simple omelette. I was getting late for my 8am appointment, so I had to cancel my order, get up and leave hungry and frustrated. Hence, minus one star.

Now, it happened to me a few times before and every single time the waiter would apologize and tell me not to worry about the drink. In this case, however, I was charged for my coffee that took yet another five minutes that I didn't have. Hence, minus the second star.

Bottom line: I recommend the hotel, but seek your meals (quick meals especially) elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
RyanLFrench, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here, and I'm sorry that you experienced such bad service in our restaurant. We are committed to excellent customer service, as so many of our other reviews show, but we did not deliver that to you. I'm very sorry, and I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Port Angeles so we can correct this mistake.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

We liked the woodsy appearance of this place. The rooms here (at least the kings) are refreshingly big. Very comfortable, with a golf course view. Parking is free in a lot in front of the hotel, which isn't the best look, but seems typical of Port Angeles and nearby towns; lots of fast-food places and parking lots, oddly un-charming for a place that draws visitors for its tremendous scenic beauty. However, the front-desk clerk offered us great advice as to where to find atmospheric places to eat and drink. She also had maps of the town, which helped immensely. I'd return here, not only because it was a good hotel, but because it seemed so much better than everything around it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winterbourne

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel! Reviews like yours are why we are TripAdvisor's #1 rated hotel for Port Angeles. Thank you again, and we hope to see you back here soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
#6 of 16 in Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!