My husband and I stayed here for one night. We were on our honeymoon and were doing a trip around the Olympic Peninsula. I spent a lot of time planning and booking for each portion of our trip and was confident that I had picked the best places in each town.
The hotel is nice, its about a mile or 2 from the "downtown" area but close enough to feel like you are part of everything. It is off the main road and could be easy to pass. The lobby and some rooms overlook a golf course and it is a nice view. It is beautifully decorated in the lobby and the rooms.
We did run in to a problem on our stay. The problem itself was an irritating but small problem. The way we were treated turned it in to a big problem.
We had an activity planned early in the morning and needed to get up and showered and out of the door. I wanted to take a shower so I turned it on. Scalding hot water was the only thing you could get. The shower was clearly not working properly. It was dangerously hot and I could not use it. I called the front desk to see if there was a trick. The guy admitted that there had been problems with the showers and offered to send up a maintenance person up. I did not have time to wait so I just washed my hair in the sink and finished getting ready.
We went to check out and he asked how my stay was. I told him it was fine other than the lack of a working shower. He laughed and told me that they were going to fix it and the next person that stayed there would have a working shower. I don't know about you but the last thing I want to hear is that someone else who will be paying the same rate as I will be blessed with a better experience. At that point I was upset but just took the card for the GM and left the building. I am not the type of person to get angry at someone that is not responsible.
I emailed the GM and explained the whole ordeal. She replied with an apology and told me that there were no known problems with the showers and she didn't know why he would tell me that. (My experience with also being a manager in a customer service industry is the new employees have not yet learned what not to share. I am sure there were known issues and he let it slip) She also explained that she was there and was not made aware of the problem. She offered me an upgrade on my next stay.
I live a long way from Washington and will not likely come back anytime soon. I did reply again because the email did come across as a blow off. I have yet to hear back and I am assuming I wont. I did get a "Thank you for staying. We hope you enjoyed your visit." email yesterday.
I paid $150 for a room with out a shower. I sure hope the next person does get a shower. That does not mean that I was less deserving of a shower though. It was upsetting to be made to feel like I was. Life happens, mistakes are made. How you choose to handle them can change the experience from bad to good in an instant and the same is true for the reverse.
I will update this review if there is any change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit Port Angeles’ Premier Hotel, the Olympic Lodge! Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, the Olympic Lodge offers the finest accommodations in a location that’s difficult to beat. Backed by the Olympic Mountains with the Strait of Juan de Fuca in the foreground, a variety of adventures are all close at hand. ▪ Choose from our 105 spacious rooms ▪ We have meeting space for any occasion: business meetings, retreats, receptions, family gatherings ▪ Relax by our heated pool and hot tub, open year round ▪ Play golf at the course adjacent to the hotel ▪ Join us for a scrumptious breakfast ▪ Enjoy the personalized service and hospitality offered by our experienced staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Olympic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympic Hotel Port Angeles
- Best Western Port Angeles