“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Olympic Lodge

Olympic Lodge
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is the nicest hotel in Port Angeles. We had a suite overlooking the golf course and the Olympic Mountains. The front desk staff were all very courteous and helpful. The room was spacious and updated. The only drawback was that they don't provide a free hot breakfast. Their high room rate should include this. They have a nice restaurant that offers an expensive breakfast.

1  Thank Ronald F
Holly D, General Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for choosing Olympic Lodge for your northwest accommodations! Our staff takes pride in having a true passion for guest service, we are happy to know our level of service met your needs. We are glad that you were able to comfortably relax in our rooms and enjoy your stay away from home. We look forward to having you back at the Olympic Lodge soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very nice room with an awesome view of snow capped mountains over peaceful golf course. Staff was pleasant. We did not use the pool or hot tub, but they looked inviting. All in all, a nice and restful stay

Room Tip: If at all possible, get room in the back over looking the mountains and golf course
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly D, General Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your review with the TripAdvisor community! We love hearing that our guests enjoyed the property and our staff! As you noted our golf course rooms are very peaceful with beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains. We are so happy you chose Olympic Lodge while vising Port Angeles! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I spent the Victoria long weekend in Washington and stayed one night in Olympic Lodge. Beautiful hotel and nice staff when I checked in. The room is big enough with nice bedding. I did not find anything wrong until the next morning when I took the shower. Water was dripping out instead of running out. I think it is either the shower head or the water pressure. It took me forever to finish the shower. Terrible, terrible experience. Lesson learned: check your shower first thing in your hotel room. Oh, it is also worth mentioning that my friend in another room was awaken by a hotel staff at 7:30 in the morning to look for a charger left behind by the previous traveller. Later an apology was given when we checked out at the front desk. A bit too late, and damage was made.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jane X

Thank you for staying with us at the Olympic Lodge, and taking the time share your review. Your feedback helps us continue to provide the highest possible level of quality to our guests. I’m sorry to learn your experience failed to meet your expectations and sincerely apologize for any complications you experienced while staying with us.
I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience that your friend experienced. As for your friend’s mishap, you will not hear a myriad of excuses, just a sincere apology from the team for not extending the top levels of service and hospitality we pride ourselves on. This was an unfortunate event made by a new team member that has since went through extensive training on the appropriateness of contacting our guests.
We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you the service you expect and deserve from the Olympic Lodge. When planning your next trip to Port Angeles please contact me directly and I will oversee the details of your reservation and make certain you have a comfortable and cozy stay.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our family had an AMAZING stay here! The kids loved the outdoor heated pool while my husband and I relaxed in the hot tub! The staff was so friendly and the hotel was clean and comfortable. We loved the beautiful waterfalls and rock landscaping. We will definitely stay here again and will recommend this place to all of our friends!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing Olympic Lodge for your getaway accommodations! Our staff takes pride in having a true passion for guest service, and it is so lovely to hear you enjoyed interacting with our team members. We are glad that you were able to comfortably relax in our rooms, and enjoy some family time in our outdoor heated pool and hot tub. We look forward to having you back at the Olympic Lodge soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is just a lovely hotel with beautiful landscaping with the waterfalls among the rocks, plants, and flowers, both in the front of the hotel and along the back by the golf course. Love the stonework on the exterior and throughout the interior. Hotel has a front side and a back side with an east wing and a west wing. Front side faces the highway and the parking lot. We opted for the opposite side that provides a view of the golf course and, therefore, much more serene. You would really appreciate the golf course side if you are a golfer.

Hotel has 3 floors serviced by 1 elevator, has a covered drive thru, and automatic doors. Enter into a beautiful and spacious lobby with many oversized leather chairs and sofas and a working fireplace. The second and third floors also have sitting areas with the same type of furniture. Use the free wi-fi, 5 machines in the fitness center, an outdoor pool and spa that are open year round, or the computer in the lobby. No laundry is available, nor is complimentary coffee or breakfast. There is a restaurant on-site. We did not use it so can't comment on it.

The hallways to our room was brightly lit. Our spacious room with a very comfortable king bed was very clean and inviting with beautiful furniture. Available to us was a fairly large HDTV with wonderful HD lineup, a desk with an arm chair, 2 night stands with wall lamps, a sitting chair with ottoman and a table with lamp, an additional bench, drawers for storage, microwave, fridge, coffee, iron and ironing board, a full-length mirror, and a smaller mirror.

Beautiful split bath area. Separate prep area with sink and some vanity space and mirror. Toilet with shower/tub combo in separate room along with a sink and some vanity space with mirror. Both areas are nicely lit. Has a heat lamp for those colder temperatures. Both sinks have beautiful Delta hardware. One towel bar in each area along with 2 hooks by the shower. Hair dryer available.

Again, this is just a clean and beautiful hotel that is wonderfully furnished. Maybe a little pricey, but the best in town. Do miss the complimentary coffee and breakfast since we have gotten used to having that in all our travels. Having said that, we do have a reservation for another night's stay in the near future. You won't be disappointed when you stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the golf course side for a nice serene view and away from the highway.
2  Thank DaleSwansea_IL

It is so great to receive such positive feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our unique room features such as the double sinks, Simmons Pillow top Mattresses, HD TV’s as well as our amenities. We are excited about our newly renovated lobby and are happy you were able to enjoy the warmth and comfort of our fireplace. We are very lucky to be situated on the beautiful Olympic Golf course. It provides our guest with a nice relaxing environment. Thank you for choosing Olympic Lodge and we look forward to being your home away from home in the future!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a pretty hotel with lovely landscaping and large welcoming lobby. Check in was easy. The room is immaculate and very large. Great view of a lovely golf course. Excellent bed, large fluffy towels, nice soaps etc. My request for a special room was honored. Great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back to avoid highway noise. The view of a golf course is lovely to wake up t...
2  Thank kfgf411

Thank you for sharing your great review! We are very excited to hear that you had such a great stay with us! We are always striving to meet and exceed our guest’s needs and expectations. We are happy to know that our spacious rooms, comfortable beds and amenities met your traveling needs. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to having you back on your next visit to the Olympic Peninsula.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We were on our honeymoon and were doing a trip around the Olympic Peninsula. I spent a lot of time planning and booking for each portion of our trip and was confident that I had picked the best places in each town.

The hotel is nice, its about a mile or 2 from the "downtown" area but close enough to feel like you are part of everything. It is off the main road and could be easy to pass. The lobby and some rooms overlook a golf course and it is a nice view. It is beautifully decorated in the lobby and the rooms.

We did run in to a problem on our stay. The problem itself was an irritating but small problem. The way we were treated turned it in to a big problem.

We had an activity planned early in the morning and needed to get up and showered and out of the door. I wanted to take a shower so I turned it on. Scalding hot water was the only thing you could get. The shower was clearly not working properly. It was dangerously hot and I could not use it. I called the front desk to see if there was a trick. The guy admitted that there had been problems with the showers and offered to send up a maintenance person up. I did not have time to wait so I just washed my hair in the sink and finished getting ready.

We went to check out and he asked how my stay was. I told him it was fine other than the lack of a working shower. He laughed and told me that they were going to fix it and the next person that stayed there would have a working shower. I don't know about you but the last thing I want to hear is that someone else who will be paying the same rate as I will be blessed with a better experience. At that point I was upset but just took the card for the GM and left the building. I am not the type of person to get angry at someone that is not responsible.

I emailed the GM and explained the whole ordeal. She replied with an apology and told me that there were no known problems with the showers and she didn't know why he would tell me that. (My experience with also being a manager in a customer service industry is the new employees have not yet learned what not to share. I am sure there were known issues and he let it slip) She also explained that she was there and was not made aware of the problem. She offered me an upgrade on my next stay.

I live a long way from Washington and will not likely come back anytime soon. I did reply again because the email did come across as a blow off. I have yet to hear back and I am assuming I wont. I did get a "Thank you for staying. We hope you enjoyed your visit." email yesterday.

I paid $150 for a room with out a shower. I sure hope the next person does get a shower. That does not mean that I was less deserving of a shower though. It was upsetting to be made to feel like I was. Life happens, mistakes are made. How you choose to handle them can change the experience from bad to good in an instant and the same is true for the reverse.

I will update this review if there is any change.

Room Tip: Test the shower as soon as you check in.
3  Thank Diamondsonhertoes
Holly D, General Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I wanted to extend my sincerest apologies for the service you received during your recent visit to the Olympic Lodge. Certainly this is not the impression we choose to leave with our guests and does not support our longstanding commitment to guest service. I assure you I have followed up with our new employee as well as our entire staff to reiterate our guest service expectations and let this serve as a valuable learning experience. I am sorry our offer to send our maintenance team wasn’t within your time restrictions and wish we could have resolved the situation prior to your departure.

I appreciate the time you have taken through our email correspondence & Trip Advisor reviews to let us know our areas for improvement. I have also left a message for you and welcome the opportunity to discuss with you personally at any time. We value our customers and without feedback such as yours we could not continue to improve and maintain our # 1 placement on Trip Advisor.

Thank you again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you personally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#4 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!