First impression walking into the reception area was fantastic! Beautiful place and loved the view of the golf course. The lady who checked-us in however wasn't the most friendly. I don't know if it was because we changed our two nights to one or she didn't like the way we looked or ? but when I was waiting for my husband, another couple came in and she was very friendly to them. Very different from our experience with her. Also, when I called in to make a reservation, I requested a room away from the pool and with a view of the golf course. I was told no problem. Again, not sure if it was because of cancelling the one night but ended up above the pool. When I called to ask why, they said there was no request for this mentioned in their notes. They could move us to the room across the hall, which faced to highway. She was very nice and tried to help but it really it didn't fix the main problem. Next, there was paper towels on the floor by the bed when we came in. Thought maybe the maid just dropped it and didn't see it on the way out? I really started to wonder though if they forgot to clean everything because after getting into bed (around midnight) my pillow had a body order smell. At this point, I felt it was too late to call and get our rooms changed, so I just slept without pillows. There is no complimentary breakfast, which I thought unusual for this type of hotel. Out of all the places we stayed at (7) during our trip, this was the only one that we had some issues with. Everything else was clean and looked good, so not sure if this was just one of those things or ? Just not sure what to make of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come visit Port Angeles’ Premier Hotel, the Olympic Lodge! Located on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, the Olympic Lodge offers the finest accommodations in a location that’s difficult to beat. Backed by the Olympic Mountains with the Strait of Juan de Fuca in the foreground, a variety of adventures are all close at hand. ▪ Choose from our 105 spacious rooms ▪ We have meeting space for any occasion: business meetings, retreats, receptions, family gatherings ▪ Relax by our heated pool and hot tub, open year round ▪ Play golf at the course adjacent to the hotel ▪ Join us for a scrumptious breakfast ▪ Enjoy the personalized service and hospitality offered by our experienced staff! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Olympic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olympic Hotel Port Angeles
- Best Western Port Angeles