“The best in Port Angeles”
Review of Olympic Lodge

Olympic Lodge
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 18 August 2009

The lobby makes you think you're in a fancy ski resort instead of in rather blah Port Angeles. The outside grounds are nicely landscaped, our room was surprisingly large, and the whole place was clean and comfortable. I took off 1 star for service for a front desk clerk who responded to our compliments with "you owe us for a phone call". Also, you do pay for all the niceties and you can stay elsewhere much cheaper, but we thought it was well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,038)

Reviewed 13 August 2009

Stayed in rm. 318 (King) requesting a quiet room with a mountain view (though we never actually saw the mountain due to fog...what are ya gonna do? Its nature.). We were accomodated with smiles and friendly chat. The ladies on the desk seemed to actually enjoy working there, which is refreshing. We had investigated every other hotel possibility in the neighborhood, and felt this would be the best bet. We were right.

Recently refurbished, everything was fresh, super-clean and new looking. The hotel has a Pacific Northwest feeling to it, the lobby and entrance decorated with river rocks, sculptures and Indian art. Heated swimming pool out back. The rooms were comfortable and roomy with all the modern conveniences. Loved the bed!! The bathroom very spacious and beautifully outfitted.

The only complaint might be that the walls were a bit thin and we could hear our neighbors, but for the rest, a great stay and again, the best option at this price point in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I have stayed at the Olympic lodge on two occasions when I am in town to visit my grandson. I have found the rooms to be nicely kept with air conditioning that works. The beds are very comfortable and you cannot hear the TV from the neighboring room. The rooms are a bit pricey during the tourist season but I have stayed in worse hotels for the same money in bigger cities.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The room, lobby and staff were all great. The front desk was always helpful with restaurant recommendations. The room was large and nicely furnished, including a refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is reasonably priced. Access to all parts of the northern peninsula was excellent. This is a great place to stay to visit everything from Forks on the West to Port Townsend on the northeast and all points in between.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

After staying at some wonderful places on Vancouver Island, this place was just okay. Certainly not worth the price we paid and we were very glad we only stayed one night. The girl that checked us in gave us a crummy restaurant recommendation. The highlight was the bathroom and bath products. The room felt very much like a standard motel room. We had a wonderful trip to Vancouver Island and this place was a real let-down at the end. Don't mean to offend anyone, but Port Angeles is a dump.

1  Thank txsrc
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We arrived in Port Angeles on the hottest day of this summer, but were so pleased to find our room very cool and comfortable when so many others in the area had no air conditioning. The Olympic Lodge is a great motel with pool, lovely lobby and extremely nice landscaping. It borders a golf course of pretty green hills and the lower rooms have walk-out private attractive patios.Our room was large & completely comfortable. We thought it was a great value for the many amenities at an exceptionally reasonable price. Breakfast is available for a small extra charge. You can't beat it for value and comfort in this area. Many sightseeing attractions are a shart drive away and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 3 August 2009

I was to be in town for a wedding the evening of the 1st and chose this hotel as it has the highest rating on trip advisor. Made the reservation about a month in advance. Called this past Wed (July 29) spoke with someone who seemed quite busy but took my information and informed me my reservation had been cancelled. I checked my account today as I always do after a weekend only to find that there is a pending charge for a room there. I called today and was told that since I didn't have a confirmation number for the cancellation, I would be charged for the room. Even after going through my conversation from last week with the man on the phone today, he would not reverse the fee. He said that mistakes happen, but this is a double mistake (me not having the magic cancellation number and them not canceling my reservation) I would have to pay.
I am just disgusted with this. I am the customer here and did what was right. But yet I still get to pay for the room since THEIR STAFF did not do their end of the job. Very frustrating, will never stay there and will never recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
#5 of 16 in Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!