“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$40.00*
and up
Tabernacle Choir Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominated by a magnificent six-spired temple, the square is the symbolic heart of the worldwide Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
San Antonio, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Temple Square is breathtaking! Beautiful gardens and very well kept.

I'm not Mormon, but I do have an appreciation for all religious history. Walking through the visitor center as a Christian, I felt completely comfortable. There were many impressive paintings and scripture, and much of it was from the Bible. The Book of Mormon section was very well put together. Informative without being pushy.

The sisters were very friendly. We didn't have time for a guided tour, but they greeted us with smiles. Great stop in Salt Lake City! I plan to return someday when I can spend more time here.

1 Thank Amanda M

• Turkish first
San Jose, California
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Fabulous architecture. Gorgeous gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you visit one place in SLC, this should be it. The gardens are superby maintained and the temple is amazing. Take your camera because you will need it. You do not need to be Mormon to appreciate the beauty and tranquility of this square.

1 Thank Angela C
Troy, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice oasis in the center of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I am not Mormon, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I visited Temple Square, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept it is. I found the place to be very nice, with many couples taking wedding photos and families enjoying the park like atmosphere.

I never at anytime had anyone say anything to me other than hello, so I'm not sure what other reviewers view as recruiting, but no one hounded me to join.

1 Thank Mike M
Los Angeles
309 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Can you say - the BEST tulips EVER?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was a beautiful place in the city. We took a guided tour on Sunday at noon with two sisters who were wonderful young ladies. We went to the visitor centers and to see the organ (and went back at 2 for the performance.) We learned a lot about Morman faith, which I think is important because through understanding we can be more sensitive to our differences and instead focus on our shared ideals. I enjoyed the inside look the visitors center inside the Temple, and enjoyed learning about the Sealing Room practices and have since learned many people who were married in these sealing rooms. I really enjoyed the trip to the top of the conference center to see the views and the gardens, and the art inside the building. The auditorium is just amazingly big. We also saw the office (next to the Lion House) and walked the grounds. The flowers were amazing. We spend about 4 hours. We did eat at the Lion House (delicious) a separate day. Yum. We met many sisters and other hosts and they were all very nice.

1 Thank LAtoEverywhere
Surrey, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Temple Square Gardens A Riot of Color”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Several genealogy friends spend a week at Salt Lake City's Family History Library every spring. We always walk from the Carlton Hotel through Temple Square to get to the library. There is always much beauty to admire - we enjoy the atmosphere as we walk past trees, multitudes of flowers, spraying fountains, and many brides and grooms being photographed on their wedding days.

Visited April 2014