“Temple Square”

and up
Salt Lake City Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #13 of 169 things to do in Salt Lake City
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominated by a magnificent six-spired temple, the square is the symbolic heart of the worldwide Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Was able to tour most of the buildings at the Square. Had a guided tour of the Conference Center. Very impressive.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,301)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"salt lake"
in 166 reviews

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I took my kids here while on a visit to the area. We went to the visitors centers where we watched a few movies and learned more about the history and beliefs of the Mormon church. The buildings are lovely and the missionaries there were friendly and weren't pushy when I told them I just wanted to walk around with my crazy kids by myself. There is a very lovely statue of Jesus Christ in one of the visitors centers and the other one has a big dollhouse-type diorama of what the inside of the temple looks like for non-Mormons who can't go inside. I loved my visit.

2  Thank crayolabird
Reviewed 15 August 2014

For such a lavish display of a religion's testimony to their faith with the extravagant temples and lush gardens one would think the issues of homelessness and poverty would be a null point. This is not the case, once outside the gates of temple square it is not long you will encounter a homeless, destitute person asking for food or money. The hypocrisy is ridiculous. Take care of all the people of SLC. Not just those prescribing to your Mormon faith.

4  Thank Littlefrecks
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Temple square provides a pleasant atmosphere for a down town walk. LDS tenets are explained as well as some pioneer history. The young ladies are willing to share information, yet not pushy.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We recently visited temple square and felt it was a very interesting experience. We joined the guided tour, which brought us to 3 sites, but not into the main temple, which is only accessible to members. The two young tour guides were nice and Temple Square was a beatiful site. They guides announced in the beginning they would talk about history and also about their religion, but went for our taste a little bit too deep into the latter. For example, they asked at some point one of the visitors to read a short passage from their scriptures, and wanted to know what we thought about it and how we could change what we do in our daily lives to live up to that spirit. It almost felt like there was an attempt to convert people to their religion. Overall, I guess that is part of the experience no harm done, but it is good to be prepared, which is why I wanted to mention it.

1  Thank TravellerFromSanJose