“Comfortable accommodation...uncomfortable smell.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The good:

- Clean, comfortable rooms.
- Free wifi.
- Friendly staff.
- Good free continental breakfast (and decent coffee).
- Good cardio equipment.

The bad:

- The entire hotel, and especially the rooms, smell very strongly of air freshener. It hits you like a smack in the face when you walk in the door.
- The ambiance leaves a bit to be desired. It's been a while since the interior had a facelift.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 August 2011

The hotel is very stylish and clean. The rooms feel and smell new, very clean. The hotels located by many restaurants within walking distance. The swimming pool is small but the hot tub is nice and earn and comforting. But the best thing of all was the complimentary breakfast. The worker they had in there was a true pro. She was very polite and helpful. Because of her my day started off right. Great experience. I'll be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I stayed here from Feb 22-Feb 25. Not a ritzy hotel but very pleasant. A few minutes after checking in, the front desk attendant called the room to check if the room was satisfactory.

Their breakfast is quite generous having coffee, juices, cold cereal, fruit, eggs, pastries, and make your own waffles. They also let you have fruit, juice and coffee whenever you want. throughout the day. Hand sanitizer at the desk too if you are into that.

Free wireless internet in your room and a microwave and fridge so if you visit the gas station around the corner and pick something up you can keep it cold or in my case, I bought microwave popcorn from the vending machine.

Only downside is that all the good restaurants are downtown and about 20 min by taxi. There are some fast food joints in walking distance and a Denny's.

The nicest thing about their hospitality was that one morning I needed a taxi to visit some customers and the hotel manager insisted on giving us a ride.

The hotel has a computer with printer in the lobby so I could print my boarding passes before leaving.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2010

We stayed for a few days. The staff was super friendly and accommodating! The rooms were clean and beds were comfy (5 pillows per bed). The bathroom was a bit small but we really enjoyed our stay. It was clean and quiet. The family environment was great. Breakfast was served every day. Pretty good selection - from hot scrambled eggs, to self made waffles (from batter) to yogurt, cereal, OJ, etc. They also had fruit set out all day, cookies (fresh baked) at noon time and some type of dinner on weekdays (we weren't around for the evening, so I'm not sure on that). Indoor pool and spa were clean and quiet (we were the only ones in it). One thing that I liked for this trip is that it didn't have 25 floors to move your stuff around. This was just a small family trip and 3 floors felt great. Have the space that you want to move around the hotel (vs waiting for everyone to cram into the elevator at check in time).

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights while setting my son up in his college apartment. Perfect location just off the freeway, walking distance to good food and convenience stores. Very clean room that was soo big it felt almost like a suite. Bathroom just average size. Great free continental breakfast with nice variety. Free computer in the lobby and wi-fi in the rooms. Indoor pool looked nice with a small patio just outside. Very nice staff, very helpful with directions and recommendations.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I took my daughter and her friend to a concert in Salt Lake city for her birthday. This place was not cheap (over 100). But I thought I would go ahead and pay it since it was her b-day and all. Well the room was decorated in this ugly green color everywhere!! Also, the bathroom sink and tub had hair in it, which is a pet peeve of mine. Breakfast is ok, they do have it laid out quite oddly, the coffee is in another room all together. I was just not impressed for the price we paid. Then as we were leaving I told them we were checking out and the guy was like, ok well as long as there are not any problems you should be good to go. Exactly what was that supposed to mean?!?!? I was not pleased.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed 9 October 2007

I had surgery in SLC, and needed a separate bed from my husband that night, near the surgery center. So, I made a reservation for 2 queen size beds at a nearby upper priced hotel ($100+). When we arrived at 5:00 pm, we were given a room with one king. Well, the receptionist said "there's a fold out bed". I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $100 to sleep on a fold out bed. She said, "there are no other rooms". I looked outside, and the parking lot was empty. She gave no excuse. I made her call their other 2 hotels, and "they're full too". Really, on a THURSDAY night?! After making a scene, bandages and all, she finally offered to lower the price to $70. I would have gladly paid more for what I needed. That was only the beginning of a bad night.

My husband agreed to sleep on the fold out, but you know how that goes...needless to say, I didn't sleep. The mattress was so hard, I had bruises on my shoulders and hips the next morning. I tried the fold out bed, but it was just as hard. So, I ended up sleeping on the pillows as best I could. The beds had one blanket, and it was snowing outside, so the room was hot and stuffy. Is it just me, or do other people prefer to sleep with a comforter and fresh air? The shower curtain was nice, but the bathtub took forever to drain. The molding was missing along the bathroom floor and doorway. I only saw 2-3 other people the whole time we were there. I was never so glad to get out of a hotel in my life.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank cowgirl57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
0 mi away
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murray
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murra...
#37 of 77 in Salt Lake City
6 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Downtown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake...
#46 of 77 in Salt Lake City
9 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake...
#26 of 77 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt ...
#39 of 77 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City South-Murray
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Centr...
#18 of 77 in Salt Lake City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!