“Good Fairfield Inn and very convenient”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
San Francisco, California
“Good Fairfield Inn and very convenient”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This Fairfield had the best breakfast set-up I have seen in a while. Things were fresh. There was plenty of room for guests( not always the situation at some places) and the location is great.
Being right by a 'river' walk was a bonus as the weather while we there was great.
Housekeeping - excellent.
Front desk staff - helpful and had cookies most nights. Kendrick provided a good welcome.

Room Tip: Mountains visible both sides so ask for a high floor ... Well there's only three but try.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Katy was a joy and a great help! She made my life heaven. So did Dionesia. These ladies are superb employees. :) They deserve raises or something. I stay in hotels a lot and I appreciate kind, friendly service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Blue Bell, PA
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had a one night stay I needed to book between the airport and snowbird ski area and this hotel's location worked great. It's in a commercial/industrial neighborhood, with a Lowes, Wendy's and apartment complexes nearby. Most important, it was about a block from I-15 and about 15 minutes from the airport and 25 minutes from snowbird. Perfect. The room was clean, fair size, flat screen to, microwave, and coffee maker. The breakfast buffet was excellent with eggs, bacon, waffle maker, fresh fruit, cut-up fruit, yogurt, etc. great selection and nicely displayed with plenty of seating. Hotel was fantastic and gave me late checkout which I greatly appreciated. On my next trip to salt lake, if that location works, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dalsemer
Sacramento CA
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have recently stayed at Springhill Suites and Courtyard. This was my first stay here. I wanted to like it, I really did, but there were a couple of issues. First, since I am on vacation, I like to sleep in, plus this being Utah, most stores open later on Sundays. Apparently, housekeeping came by early, saw my Do Not Disturb sign on the door and left. I left my room a little after 11am and came back almost 4 hours later and the room was not cleaned. Not a big issue since I was alone but I am used to my room being fixed up regardless of when I leave and return.

Breakfast is provided, and Fairfield had touted their upgraded food options. The first morning, there were no scrambled eggs as advertised, just hard boiled ones. There was bacon AND sausage, nice to see. Second morning, there were no eggs at all, two sausage links and a smattering of bacon strips. There were still 45 minutes left in the breakfast time, so if I had come a few minutes later, there may have been no food at all, save for cereal and oatmeal.

Other than these issues, the place has a nice loby with a warm fake fireplace, free newspapers, and a Marketplace for snacks. I didn't use the pool but it is indoor and looked nice. Room has toiletries, heating worked very well, and everything was clean.

Depending on price, you may find it's a good deal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LisaMSacramentoCA
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We just spent a week at this hotel over Christmas and I would like to personally commend "Maria" who service the breakfast bar every morning for her professionalism, she is very courteous and all round a very pleasant hard working Lady.
We enjoyed coming to the breakfasr bar just to see Maria during our stay.
Maria is a very hard working dedicated employee who did not have a day off the entire 7 days we stayed at this hotel. I would highly recommend her for a bonus or raise if at all possible.
Employee's like Maria makes your hotel have an excellent reputation.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, when we had room service our bathroom area was never mopped so this was a very big di...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirl0515
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Comfortable clean hotel. Friendly, courteous, helpful staff. Not downtown but only a short drive to the downtown attractions. Large well appointed rooms and comfortable bedding. Tasteful breakfast buffet. Pool area clean, temperature perfect, disappointed that the last two days of our stay it was closed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed a week at this hotel while a family member was at Intermountain Medical Center. The staff here was so wonderful - they were very kind and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious with a large selection of items. I was mostly at the hotel to sleep, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room was clean. There was a strange smell to the room - like freshly shelled green peas - that was pervasive. It also seemed that the air conditioning unit did not take care of the humidity in the room, which may have contributed to the smell in the air. {If I had been in the room for more than 6 hours of sleep a day, I probably would have asked to change to a room without a smell, but it did not bother me when I was so tired:)}

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jks9639
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salt Lake City
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murray
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Murra...
#35 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City - East
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake...
#12 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Centr...
#16 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City South-Murray
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Murray, UT
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#20 of 75 in Salt Lake City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South? Share your experiences!