“Convenient Location”

Ramada Salt Lake City
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Definitely not the newest hotel... however, you cannot beat the convenience of this location off of the interstate. The hallway carpets are old and worn, the room doors are somewhat beat up and the rooms interior is tired looking. I did not look too closely at the bathroom tile, as it definitely could have used a good scrubbing. Again, you get what you pay for, I will not say it was dirty, as sheets were crisp and clean, but everything needed an update. The breakfast area was neat and clean and the breakfast was sufficient. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Would I stay again, yes for an over-night pit stop on our trek back to MT.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM1985, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your response and I sincerely apologize for your disappointment with your stay. It is clear we have fallen short in our training effort and we must and will make this a priority. Our cleanliness and friendliness scores has always been at the top of Wyndham Hotels but many of our new associates need and will receive better training. If you would consider giving us another chance if you are in the area I will take personal care of your rooms and reservations.Let us show you what you experienced was an exception and not the rule. GM

There are newer reviews for Ramada Salt Lake City

Reviewed 22 July 2014

You know - for the price that we paid - I thought that this was a great deal. I got to say that the front desk and the manager were very very good. They were friendly and practical in every respect. The rooms were average size. The beds were reasonably comfortable. The shower pressure was stronger than most hotels that I visit. I really liked the idea of coin laundry which we used. The pool area was clean and accessible. The hotel was just off of the highway but no noise from it was evident.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the stairs since you'll hear people going down it with their luggage bouncin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Two things I can best describe this place is consistency and integrity. I have stayed here several times. The staff is always eager to help me.
The rooms are clean, some more dated then others...but always clean.
Breakfast is nice and simple with great waffles....hey it's free.

Now for the kicker. I had a crazy week and a even crazier day when I checked out. It wasn't until several hours later that I remembered I left an undisclosed amount of cash in the safe. Housekeeping located it and returned every dollar.
In this day and age it's not often enough we see that!

Thanks guys! Keep up the great work

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
GM1985, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is incredibly refreshing to know we are blessed to have honest and customer service driven associates working as part of our Ramada Salt Lake team. Thank you for allowing us to serve you. You are part of our family and we can't wait for your next visit. Sincerely, Ed C.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Apparently there was a convention in town and I chose this hotel because it was the only pet friendly hotel in the area that wasn't sold out. I originally made the reservation for a Wednesday night (and had requested a pet friendly room on the first floor near an exit, preferably with a fridge & was told this was not a problem), but something came up and I wasn't sure I would get there that night so I called and asked them to book a room for Thursday as well. I explained that I would only need the room for one night or the other and promised to call back shortly to cancel whichever night I didnt need. I also explained that I was traveling with a dog and needed a pet friendly room, preferably on the first floor near an exit with a fridge. I was told this wasn't a problem. When I called back (same number) I got central booking rather than the hotel themselves. I explained that I needed to cancel for Wednesday but would be there Thursday and again reminded them that it was a pet friendly room, first floor, near an exit. I arrived on Thursday and they had lost my reservation. Apparently the person cancelled my reservation for both nights despite my having explained twice that I was only cancelling one of the two nights. Fortunately they did have a room available, but it was on the second floor. I asked several times if there was anything on the first floor, explaining that I had requested a first floor room near an exit, but they said they didn't have anything. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there wasn't one on duty that night and to speak to one in the morning. So I got my bag, carried it past the front dest & up the stairs (dog hadn't been introduced to elevators yet). Went into the room, saw that there was no fridge, left my bag and went back down to ask about it. As soon as I got to the desk they informed me that they now had a first floor room available. I was gratefull, but at the same time wondered where that room was five minutes before. Would've been nice if they had found it *before* I carried my bag up. So I went back up, got my bag, handed them the old keys and they asked if I had disturbed the previous room. I said that I had not, but that the dog had been in the room and on the bed. Hadn't disturbed anything, but had lain on it. They said they were giving it to someone who would be there any minute - I just hope the person wasn't allergic to dogs 'cause they didn't plan to clean the room first (they told housekeeping right in front of me that they didn't need to do anything to it). Anyway, after all that I still didn't have a fridge. I was then told that they only have so many and they had all been taken. Oh well, can't win them all. In the morning I was told that the manager had called out sick, but they found me someone to speak to. Turns out it was the person I first spoke to on the phone when I reserved the room for the second night. He remembered my call, but couldn't remember how we left it. He gave me 25% off, regardless, but the whole experience was just crazy.

Craziness aside it was a nice room, appeared clean, the bed was comfortable although I did hear a lot of noise out in the hallway. There wasn't a lot of space on which to walk the dog on the property, though, so I ended up taking her across the street. Not a great area, but convenient location. Not a place I'd want to stay in again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff was amazing!!! The breakfast was fully stocked with a good variety. Rooms were nice. They were so accommodating throughout our entire stay. The van service was the BEST!!!! The driver, Travis, was extremely knowledgeable of the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a home away from home experience in Salt Lake City, UT.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM1985, General Manager at Ramada Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank You for your glowing review. It was an absolute pleasure being of service to you and your awesome family. Travis and myself along with my entire team is hoping we have the opportunity to make Ramada Salt Lake your home again when you visit SLC again. Happy and safe traveling always, Ed Christensen/GM

Reviewed 10 June 2014