“The Silver Suite is Sweet!”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Central
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Central PA
“The Silver Suite is Sweet!”
Reviewed 8 June 2006

My husband and I stayed here at the end of a long trip, the night before we flew out of SLC airport. To my surprise, he had booked us a fancy King "suite," which the hotel calls the "Silver Suite." In addition to free bottled water and snacks for us, the suite also had one of those super-comfy Hampton beds, 2 closets, a beautiful bathroom, a fridge and a microwave. The property is very nicely kept up and attractive. There's a computer in the lobby with printer that we used to print out our boarding passes for the next day ... very helpful. The breakfast room was smaller than average, but had the usual Hampton Inn selections.

There are a few reasons I didn't give this property 5 stars, though. As nice as the suite was, it was an oddly shaped room built around the main elevator bank, and you could definitely hear the elevator "pinging" as it went up and down. The hotel shares a parking lot with a nearby restaurant, and though there was plenty of parking, there didn't seem to be any close, convenient, nearby parking. Since it was raining the whole time we were there, this got to be annoying. The hotel is very convenient to the airport (I think we were there in 8-10 minutes), but the area it's located in is a not-very-attractive mix of light industry, business parks, and a few sad-looking restaurants. I wouldn't stay here for atmosphere, in other words, or to get a "feel" for Salt Lake City.

Overall, it made a very nice ending to our long trip and we certainly got a good night's sleep before our long flight home!

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank LiberryLady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 November 2005

I just finished a stay at this hotel. The accomodations were VERY clean, and well kept up. There is a sitting area in the lobby with comfortable furniture, and even a table for people to sit at for a casual meeting. They provide a complimentary continental breakfast, and there is a coffee shop (Dee's) across the parking lot from the hotel. The rooms are welcoming! There was a pack of cookies and a bottle of water waiting for me when I got to my room. My room was exactly what I had requested (non-smoking king bed). The bathroom was immaculate and was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, soaps, and lotion. The staff was very friendly and responded to all my needs.

Oh, the rooms have FREE WiFi! I love hotels that provide this now much needed accomodation without charging me! I was able to get my email, surf, FTP, and telnet without any problems whatsoever!

There were families with children, who seemed to really enjoy the indoor pool and spa. There is also an exercise room, with equipment that is well maintained.

Parking is very convenient!

I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Salt Lake City. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southeast
Reviewed 16 May 2005

This hotel has convenient dining located adjacent to the parking lot. Upon entering the hotel, the cathedral ceiling is very attractive to the eye. The front desk employees were adequate but definately not the most charming or personable.
The elevators were a short distance from the front desk. The pool was indoors and accompanied by a jucuzzi. Any shopping required travel by car. Breakfast was typical for HI, but was slowly stocked. Our room was what I consider a King Study and was adequate at most. We called the front desk upon arrival and told them that our ironing board was broken and were told they would send us a new one, which they never did. So much for customer service at this locale.
In Salt Lake City, the Mormon tabernacle is ground zero. All roads lead from the tabernacle making the city easily navigated. Free tours of the grounds are offered in over 30 languages. Only chosen Mormons are allowed in certain areas, yet the guides are very committed and sincere while welcoming visitors. No smoking on these premises is appreciated. Downtown parking can be hectic at times.
Naturally, one may want to visit the Salt Lake. The lake is about a 30 minute drive from this HI; more or less depending on the traffic. The seven mile trip to Antelope Island is well worth one's time. The road to the island literally splits the lake's salinity content. Salt content is 3-4' deep on the bottom in some areas of the lake. Tune your radio to the AM station that gives you some brief but informative facts about the lake. Take the free tour of the original farm located on the island and read the history of the farm on snipets throughout the tour. There are approximatley 600 buffalo in addition to antelope, chukkers, and other birds. Be sure to take your binoculars, they will assist in locating the buffalo in the beautiful mountains. The buffalo are spread out among the mountains, but can be hard to see with the naked eye. Buffalo burgers are offered on the island and are quite tasty...not greasy like a hamburger.
This locale is a typical HI, but within minutes to the city's largest attractions.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank Coattailrider
Florence KY
Reviewed 1 January 2005

The Hampton Inn SLC is an excellent place to stay with a family. For the 5 of us, there was cable TV, a computer, a swimming pool and an exercise room. To top off a great night's stay, there was an awesome breakfast in the morning. We stayed for 2 nights, and it was most difficult to leave to catch our flight, we wanted so much to stay.

The staff at the front desk was very helpful, and the shuttle to the airport allowed the relaxation to continue uninterrupted from our vacation. When we next visit SLC, we will definitely stay at the Hampton Inn SLC.

• Stayed December 2004
1 Thank smartblnde
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2003

This is a good hotel. Beautiful lobby; breakfast is a little weak, but not terrible for a free continental meal; rate was attractive; the room was clean and modern; had 2-line phone; close to the intersection of 201 and 215. I had dinner at a local diner next door...not bad, either.
I went jogging around the next-door golf course. I'd stay there again.