“Recommended location...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed at this location for both business and family trips, and you can rely on it to meet your needs. It's clean, the pool is fun, the breakfast is more than adequate, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. When working out in the fitness center, check out the mini-fridge which offers cold bottles of water.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Terri C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Mr. Buchanan thank you for taking the time out of your extremely busy schedule to share such a complimentary post about our hotel. You know the team here about as well as I do and it meant so much to the entire team to read your comments here in TA. We can't change the building only keep it clean and well cared for. What we can do is bring our best cheerful selves every day to assist our traveler's in having a better day than what it may have started out to be. Thank you for being one of our all time favorites!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Safe, yes. Clean very. Pool loved it, and I liked That I could work out as the kids swam, they had a window. Breakfast was great. The neighborhood was a little industrial, but if your looking for a place to stay close to freeway, it' s great. Would stay again, good feeling.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate your patronage and it is so nice that everything for your stay with us went smoothly. It is always rewarding when our efforts make a positive difference and even better when someone like yourself takes the time to recognize them. Safe travels always and be assured we loved having you here!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

great service from the first phone call to check in, check out. Everything was clean and fresh. Check out was not an issue. Shuttle to and from airport was fast and friendly, could not ask for anything better.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Who doesn't enjoy the word "GREAT" and we thank you sincerely for sharing your experience with us. Be sure to stay again if travels bring you back to Salt Lake City!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Upon checking in I received a complimentary upgrade to a suite. Room was clean, spacious, & quiet. Ben & Bethany checked me in & were so friendly & helpful. They recommended a place for dinner that I could walk to as I was alone on a business trip there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Always wonderful to hear the positive and we take all the good and not so good to heart. Thank you for putting names to those that provided a pleasant experience for you. We loved having you here!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stopped at the Hamptons on our way up to The Grand Tetons. The employees there at check-in are extremely friendly! The hotel was nice and rooms are clean and there are some eateries in the area you could walk to including Subway, Perkins Cafe and Bakery (sort of like a small Denny's) and Cedar Creek Grill and Bar. Lots of the restaurants in the area are part of a hotel. Free breakfast at the Hamptons has hot waffles, cooked oatmeal,some scrambled eggs, but much smaller than I remembered and rather "basic." I am a retired airline crewmember and we stayed at the Hamptons frequently. Especially in PDX, the breakfast were approximately three times larger than SLC. We had large sausage patties or bacon and made egg mcmuffins in the morning and there was a much larger fruit selection too, along with all the other breakfast items.

I like everything about this Hamptons EXCEPT, the NOISE factor. The walls and floors are thin! The occupants above us had a heavy walk and not sure if there were children jumping around. I'm a light sleeper and it kept me up past midnight until they settled down. It was frustrating! The water pipes in the walls are also noisy and the AC system are not the central type, but individual ACs in your room which are quite noisy too. It was difficult to get a good nights rest there and I am not looking forward to my return trip through SLC which I already booked the Hamptons at the same time as my inbound trip, and it's non-refundable. I'm beginning to wonder now why they have the non-refundable option.

And however good the service was on check-in, I was a little surprised during checkout. When I went to the front desk, I notice the clerk having a personal chat as he was giggling and smiling and having anything but a professional or business conversation. He just had me wait until he completed his call before checking me out. That lead me to give this review only two stars.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Your comments are important to us and you have my sincere apology for the noise and air conditioning units all making for an uncomfortable night. The "Advance Purchase" allows travelers that plan ahead to take advantage of the great discount tied to that program for all Hamptons. The program has been created by the brand not individual hotels. Nonetheless your comfort and satisfaction are top of mind and very important to me. Please give me a call directly at the 801 519 6500 and allow me to try and help in this matter. May all your future travels be all that you deserve.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was also conducting a training class in their meeting room. The staff went out of their way to make my training class go well as well as ensure that my stay in the room was enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Now that was a great posting to read, thank you. If teaching another class brings you to Salt Lake City you can consider us your home away from home. When you come to our hotel you cannot escape the "Hamptonality" hospitality with a large side of the Islands flavor. Safe travels.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Breakfast was meager for the money paid, Coffee was bad, you want to start your day with good coffee that was really bad. I could not talk to someone at the desk since I had a conference call to attend and had to leave shortly after

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Please accept my apology for the coffee and breakfast as a whole. No excuse makes it better so I will leave it at that. We want to make it up to you if at all possible and I invite you to call me directly at 801 519 6500. I am not a coffee drinker but I have friends that turn into complete beasts with a good strong cup to start their day. I hope you give us another try, the brewer is up and working like a champ.