Due to an early morning flight, we spent an overnight in SLC at the Hampton Inn at the Airport. We were initially concerned that the office/warehouse business park area where it is located would make finding a handy restaurant difficult.
While Hampton Inn's generally have the same consistency and "formula" that has made McDonald's popular, this hotel was not the familiar Hampton elevation design but rather had the looks of a 4-star hotel inside and out. It even had a restaurant for freshly prepared lunch and dinners and provided room service.
Our room was actually a suite with a living room separated from the bedroom by beautiful dark-stained wooden doors and both separated from the bathroom. Although it was about 5 miles from the airport, we never heard a plane. It was very quiet and peaceful. We did take advantage of the room service for dinner, and while it would not get any Michelin stars, it was good quality and properly prepared. The service was quick. The obligatory "breakfast" was typically Hampton.
All of the staff that we had contact with were very friendly and pleasant, and as the GM commercial goes, "It sure didn't look like a Buick."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make a smooth landing in Salt Lake City, where you will find rich offerings of history, nature and adventure with a small-town feel. The Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport hotel is located in the Salt Lake City International Center, only five minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport and with convenient access to major attractions. Take a ride into downtown and immerse yourself in a world of attractions, including the Historic Temple Square, featuring nearly twenty attractions related to Mormon pioneer history and genealogy. See the Salt Lake Temple or get a feel for the natural thrills of the area at one of many ski resorts. Our hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah also puts you within 10 miles of the State Capitol, Great Salt Lake and the City Creek Downtown shopping mall and city walk. Unwind in a spacious guest room and find modern comforts to help you feel at home. Surf the web with free internet access, or simply relax on the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Upgrade to a suite and enjoy extra space with separate living area. Enjoy great value with amenities like our modern business center and handy convenience store. Stay fit with a workout in the fitness center. Take a refreshing dip in the seasonal outdoor swimming pool or relax in our year-round hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Slc Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hampton Inn And Suites Slc Airport
- Hampton Inn Slc Airport
- Hampton Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport North America