Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$202
Hampton.com
Peery Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$98
AscendHotels
  • Room Service
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$112
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$144
  • Restaurant
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
US$428
US$168
US$160
US$154
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$129
GardenInn.com
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$157
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$156
Sheraton.com
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastindoor poolyogurthot tubsalt lakecoffee makerthe shuttle driverfree shuttlerental carmotelsuper8slcperkinsproteinyellowstoneinterstate
Reviewed 25 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
pateltej18, General Manager at Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Called from the airport, and Joann was helpful and professional; partly why I chose this hotel. Needed an 8-hour day stay (no place at the SLC airport for an 8-hour layover, and my health required a rest).
The horrid chemical smell assaulting guests upon entering is on purpose! A smell machine with fan on high was foul and worrisome: what are they trying to hide? Can't imagine that a floral public bathroom sent with overtones of Raid insecticide is in any way comforting to guests, or the staff.
Another staff member, seemingly management, was less than civil to Joann, and never spoke more than a curt word to me. I asked for the shuttle schedule to return to the airport and the curt staff member said, "Eight or eight thirty." When Joann reconfirmed to her it was tonight, not tomorrow morning, she was rather rude and abrupt in contesting Joann, in front of me. A simple, "Great, thanks for double checking," would have been more useful than, "It doesn't matter, only eight or eight-thirty." It matters to me that I get back to the airport on time. It was uncomfortable for me to hear a manager speak gruffly to an employee who was charming, on the ball and helpful with my needs.
The room, while adequate gets negative points for the thick dust on the AC coils, so thick I opted to not use it even though I wish I could. Blowing dust around the room is not okay for me, though on the plus side, the room smelled pleasantly neutral. Also the TV was an older CRT model with an electrical hum that made turning it off the only viable option. The bed was too soft, as if the box springs were going. Sitting up against the headboard to read was uncomfortable as the mattress dropped a good 6-8 inches and my legs then stuck up at an uncomfortable angle.
Hey, it was $61 or so with tax, but polite conversation from management to staff, and turning off the make-it-smell-like-a-toxic-chemical-dump assaulting the guests during check in would go a long way to improving my rating.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Comments like yours allow us to view our hotel from a guest's point of view. We will learn from comments like yours in how to better ourselves.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The room was dated, but clean. The airconditioner was iffy at best. Placards in room stated it would turn on when it sensed people in the room, but ours would turn on/off randomly. Staff assured us it would catch up when we requested to be moved, but it never really did. Staff were a bit abrupt when checking in (we got there late) but otherwise were friendly and helpful. Pool and hottub were clean, nice. Parking was easy. Overall an okay experience, but nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the fact that our guests take time to remark about our service and our property even when their experience isn't to their satisfaction.We hope you will give us another chance should you come back to the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel as a family with 3 children for 2 nights. Nice hotel in a great location, courteous and efficient service of the staff and the room was clean. We really enjoyed the gym, pool and hot tab. Bothered us that there was not a fridge and microwave in the room. In addition, the room was too small for 5 guests. Breakfast was basic and consisted primarily of carbohydrates.

Room Tip: All writen above.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
pateltej18, General Manager at Super 8 Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We appreciate your business. I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff that the room and the breakfast did not exceed your expectations.I do thank you for giving us the opportunity and hope your future travels are safe ones.

Reviewed 18 April 2014