La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Clarkston, Washington
“Average”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel due to flight delays, cancellations and general weather problems. The shuttle was as prompt as one could expect, given the 4-5 inches of slush on the freeway. Check-in at 11:00 PM was nothing special but, at that time of night after a long day of travel, all one wants is to get to a room. I was glad there was one available.
The room was clean and quiet but there was some issue with the cable or satellite, as the TV kept cutting in and out. Nothing serious as I just wanted to check area weather conditions.
I am a frequent guest of LaQuinta and, having stayed at several locations, I am noticing that some of the hotels are installing a kind of funky coffee maker which produces coffee reminiscent of instant. I seem to be in the minority among LaQuinta guests but I just can't drink that stuff. Yuk! Luckily, I had two packets of coffee in my room and 'brewed' coffee on the little single service machine provided. Good coffee is so important to me that I will be asking my employer to consider placing me in a different hotel chain ... one that offers good coffee.

1 Thank PinkSoxusa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We have kids in Salt Lake and have looked for a place to stay that we were comfortable enough to come back to. This is the place. This really is 4 stars at 2 star pricing. Clean facility, courteous and helpful staff, amazingly quiet. Basic breakfast but good enough and pool and exercise facility. Not a lot around but accessible. Roberts around the corner is a decent and affordable restaurant, coffee bar and pastry shop. Ask for the discount coupon for 10% off. AND AARP room discount is about 5-7 dollars a night.

Room Tip: Heat cannot be shut off so it cycles at night if that bothers you.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A great travel / business hotel. Rooms are very spacious, spotless and quiet. Excellent access to both the
Airport and downtown SLC. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary
Breakfast was a little lacking, but sufficient .

Room Tip: We had 4 rooms for a business trip. All were similar. No complaints.
Sydney
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We simply needed a place to stay before our early morning flight and this was perfect. The room was spotless ( I LOVED the bathroom), and the beds were so comfortable. We even had time to make use of the pool and spa, so that was a treat. Sarah at the front desk was lovely to deal with, a friendly and happy person. Breakfast was a bit ho-hum, but we were happy to just have coffee and a bagel. For the price, it was excellent value.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here Wednesday and Thursday nights (1/15-16/14).It was clean enough and generally fine but fairly noisy. Anything my neighbors did was audible in my room. La Quinta typically has a small refrigerator and micro-wave oven in each room. My room had no micro-wave. The first morning the water temperature was extremely inconsistent. The water was never really hot and kept cycling cold, then returning to warm. The second morning it never even got warm. There is no restaurant, The morning breakfast was limited to make your own waffles, cereal and muffins.
Except for the cold water this La Quinta Inn was "acceptable". The hot water issue appeared to be a permanent situation that occurs at peak use times. It's a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: The lack of hot water appeared to be an ongoing/permanent problem at peak use times of each day. Eve...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
LaQuintaSLCAirport, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
I apologize for the hot water situation. Unfortunately, we were not aware that both our main boiler and our backup boiler had gone down during the night. We have no way of knowing this until guests get up in the morning and try to use the hot water. By that time, when guests first start calling our front desk to report a problem, it is a mad scramble to to try to correct as soon as possible to try to reduce or eliminate the inconvenience to our guests.

The front desk was made aware of the situation at approximately 5:30am. I was immediately made aware of the problem and was in by 6:15am to try what I could to reset the boilers. Unfortunately the problem was more extensive than a simple reset. I immediately called our plumbing company for emergency service and they dispatched an emergency technician as soon as possible.

From then on all we can do is wait and hope for a speedy reply from our service company. The technician arrived at about 7:20 am and started to diagnose the problem. It was resolved and we had hot water back to the hotel at about 11:30 am.

Again, I apologize for this convenience. However, every business has problems from time to time and, hopefully, the measure of the company is how they respond to adversity to try to take care of their guests. We hope that we did all that we could to try to take care of this problem and reduce the inconvenience to you and the rest of our guests.

Thank you for your understanding of the situation and, again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and the woman working the front desk was ridiculously rude to my whole family. Since we were stranded at the airport, we called in advance to get room details and rates. Once we arrived in person, we received completely different answers from what we were just told on the phone 30 minutes earlier (of course the rates were higher than we were quoted on the phone). To make it worse, the person at the front desk was in a terrible mood the second we walked in and treated us like garbage. I filed a complaint with the manager and he apologized for our treatment. Unfortunately the damage was already done in my mind and the apology does make up for the way we were treated.

The room was decent overall, but not worth the price (it might have been worth it for the original price I was quoted). The one issue with the room we encountered was that the heating system did not work properly and the room was cold.

I recommend you look elsewhere if you are looking for a hotel in this area. This was my first stay at any La Quinta location and probably my last.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I am glad that I was able to discuss the problem with you upon your departure from the hotel. As I said I would, I did speak with the Front Desk associate involved and reminded her of what outstanding customer service is all about, no matter how high pressured the situation gets.

This was during the heavy snow storms and bitter cold that was occurring throughout the country with dozens of flights were being cancelled nationwide. Everywhere, airline passengers were unexpectedly being sent to hotels and everyone's patience and nerves were put to the test.

This is when we, as service representatives, should shine and make the best of a bad situation for you, our guest. Unfortunately, it appears that the pressure of the circumstances may have caused one of my front desk associates to act in a manner unbecoming to a service professional.

Again, I apologize for the rudeness that you experienced and want to assure you that it is not indicative of my staff, or of this front desk associate in particular.

I hope that you will choose to come visit us again sometime in the future so that you can experience our true customer service spirit first hand.

Thank you for your understanding.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, equipped with a small fridge and microwave. The staff was friendly and helpful. Good breakfast (standard). Not far from the airport. No problem encountered. Very convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo