“very clean and comfortable beds!”

Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 August 2013

very clean and very comfortable.
The hotel was nice and roomy and has a small deli like place where you can order sandwiches, etc and they even serve starbucks coffee

The beds were very clean and fluffy with lots of pillows. The TV in the room was nice and big too

They have a nice indoor swimming pool and a hot tub.

Overall, a great stay! I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you so much for choosing our Courtyard by Marriott and for writing about your stay on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the details you shared about both the room and the hotel features: Bistro and pool area.

We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Salt Lake!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

we stayed here for one night but I wish we could stay here more.it looks like they renovated the entire hotel.evrything looked very well maintained.rooms were outstanding.we were in a tour otherwise I would have stayed more.overall this hotels is very good.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

One exit from the Salt Lake City airport, this hotel was a nice oasis away from it all. The hotel was renovated in January 2013 so practically everything was new. Beds were very comfortable and noise level was quiet (I was on the top floor). With a lovely outdoor patio and comfortable furniture, it was a nice place to relax when it wasn't too hot. We took advantage of the Bistro for dinner and breakfast and I appreciated the calorie counts next to the items; everything tasted fresh and was rather good. Starbucks coffee drinks as well as polite service. Free on-demand shuttle to the airport.
Now for the just OK: Slow internet..I tried to download a movie to watch on the plane via wireless and then wired but it would have taken 3+ hours to do so according to my laptop. Service at the front desk was lackluster.. I was able to get answers to my questions but I always felt as though I was causing them an inconvenience even when the lobby was empty.

Room Tip: Top floor might be the quietest, away from the elevators.
1  Thank Whitney S
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor I was able to locate a great, affordable hotel to go to when I missed my flight from Salt Lake City to Spokane. I arrived at the hotel after 1 am and I was greeted by a welcoming, smiling person. I was given a good rate so it was nice not to sleep in the airport. My room was spacious, clean and fresh smelling. The bed was so comfortable. The coffee pot came in handy in the early morning hours. When I checked out of the Courtyard five hours later, the same smiling woman was still there and was more than happy to assist me in getting a complimentary shuttle to the airport....by the same friendly driver.

Room Tip: Call and ask for the best rate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Christine R
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and team. I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances in which you had to stay in Salt Lake, but am glad our team took care of you.

We hope to see you next time - when you intend to visit us!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed at this particular Courtyard location on 7/7 & 8. I usually ask for a late checkout depending on the time of my customer appointments. This time I did not as I knew I would be out all day on calls. My last call cancelled so I returned to the Courtyard to change clothes for the flight home - something more comfortable than a coat & tie. The person on duty was Max Valdez. I asked if the room I had vacated earlier today might still be available for a quick change of clothes. Rather than giving me all the reasons "why that couldn't happen", Max called housekeeping who had already started the cleaning process and allowed me to use the room to change and repack some clothes. His attitude was more of "how can I help or accommodate". That's what I like about this Courtyard (and quite frankly, the one in Avondale (Phoenix) Arizona. They treat you well and as a frequent traveler that is always appreciated. Good job, Max! Thanks for taking good care of a guest.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This is a typical Courtyard. However, we thought the food at the Bistro was unusually fresh. Free shuttle, although it is shared with ofher hotels closeby. We would stay here again if we had to stay by the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The location of this hotel was great, just off the highway, easily lit, and convenient ingress and egress. One drawback is there is NOTHING in the immediate area without driving - no restaurants and no facilities (gas, etc.).

Service was fair. While we made our reservations by phone we could not see the details. Informing us our rate included breakfast (as it should with being a Platinum Member for several years, confirmed by previous Marriott mailings), when we checked in, we were informed this property does not participate in that promotion, even though the web site offered that option. Repeated attempts to inquire about this one were met with a "take it or leave it", indifferent attitude. Strike One.

The in-hotel Bistro was adequate for a late (10:00 pm), dinner after a long drive. However, despite being open until 11:00 pm and clearly displaying alcohol on their counter, they stop serving beer/wine at 10:00 pm. Not that it was needed, or even wanted at that hour, it's just silly and inconsistent. Strike Two.

The bed was comfortable but the room was not very clean. From spots in the shower, to stains on the shower curtain, to rug spots/large stains, to dog/cat hair on the furniture, to a greasy desk...it was an incredible turn-off.

Overall, a disappointment for a Marriott/Courtyard property.

Room Tip: The two-room "suites" offer a buffer from at least one room, as the walls in this hotel ar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
GMLauren, General Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay on TripAdvisor.

We apologize for the cleanliness in the room and the confusion regarding the Marriott Rewards Elite benefits and restaurant hours. While Platinum Elite members are awarded with complimentary breakfast at many Marriott properties, Courtyards do not include breakfast, as a brand standard. An overview of the Rewards Benefits by Elite status can be viewed on the Marriott Rewards homepage.

We also comply with the State of Utah liquor laws, in which a restaurant with a liquor license must be open for a minimum of one hour past last call to allow our guests ample time to safely enjoy their final beverage before heading out on the roads. Our Bistro bar closes nightly at 10 p.m. while the restaurant is open until 11 p.m.

We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again on your next trip through Salt Lake!